Search the forum,

Discuss BAXI DuoTec 2 33GA - Loud boom in the morning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tzip

Hi all,

I moved into a new build Nov 2014 and it was fitted with a BAXI DuoTec 2 33GA combi. From day 1 I've noticed that it has been displaying what I understand to be known as "explosive ignition".

Baxi have been out numerous times to replace various bits and pieces under warranty but they don't seem to be able to solve the issue. I think they replaced the pump, electrodes, valve and some sort of chip (I'm guessing the CPU sort of thing as it required a "reboot" which ran the thing at full speed for about 10 minutes).

After some testing, I've noticed it tends to be worst in the morning when the system has been off overnight. I'm not a boiler engineer obviously but my theory is that gas is leaking into the combustion chamber so that when it starts it's routine in the morning, more gas is present there than should be so the "pilot ignite" (for lack of a better word/phrase) is too big.

I'm getting a bit fed up with this never being resolved and I feel like the guy who comes out must be pretty fed up too.

Any experts here have any ideas what may be going on and why they don't seem to be able to solve it? Am I just paranoid and actually this boom is perfectly normal? It's kind of scary and is enough to shake the enclosure.

Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm worried I'll end up having to replace the whole thing far sooner than I should have to!

Thanks.

Any thing that makes to boom you are describing is not normal.

I would get in contact with Baxi and ask for the problem to be resolved - even ask for another service tech.

Explosive ignition will cause the boiler to deteriorate well before its life expectancy.

you need a GSR engineer ASAP we cannot give advise on here CROPPIE will shut you and us down sorry bud

You Definitely need to get an Engineer to that ASAP.

Leave it off so they hear it when they come out.

For the time being, please don't use it.

Turn it off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BAXI DuoTec 2 33GA - Loud boom in the morning in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock