Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Eco80 wont fire CH unless i turn on DHW tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rizz077

I have an interesting problem with Baxi Eco80 boiler which i inherited when i moved into my flat a few month ago.

At first i thought it was the thermostat so i recently replaced it with a 3rd Gen Nest. However its evidently not the thermostat.

Problem occurs when the boiler has been idle for a long time i.e both CH and DHW have not been running.
When the thermostat kicks in, i can hear the pump running but no flame ignition. The problem seems to be resolved only by turning on a hot water tap after which the flame ignition sequence seems to work just fine and the CH system fires up.

Once the system is running it seems to be able turn off and on (as demanded by the thermostat) however if left off for too long the same problem occurs.

I have checked the system pressure is set correctly to 1.5 barg,

Ay idea what the problem could be?

location GU15 postcode

Last edited by a moderator:
If interested please pm the op directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Eco80 wont fire CH unless i turn on DHW tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock