Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Ecoblue System Boiler Weeping from Drain Plug in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello everyone,

Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread but from the hole itself.

The GSE came back and fitted a new drain plug. He also checked the inside of the boiler and said there was no evidence of any leaking water inside.

The plug has now started leaking again although less than the first time. About 2 - 3 tablespoons a day. I tried to tighten it up a bit but it seems to just click and spin.

Should the plug come to a complete stop?
There are two little holes at the top of the plug (see attached photo of old plug). Does it need to be orientated a certain way?

Any suggestions?

The boiler otherwise works fine....... :/

Regards, swiflee

IMG_20240122_220938.jpg

Reply to Baxi Ecoblue System Boiler Weeping from Drain Plug in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock