Search the forum,

Discuss baxi instant 105e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
has anyone fitted an external EV to one of these as opposed to replace a failed original. My only concern is the these are not the average EV as part of it is used for the DHW preheat I believe. it would make my life so much easier if it possible as the boiler location and access is very poor. One for GASMAN :cheesy:

Call manufacturers dude theyre the only ones who can tell you for sure

Does preheat really need expansion? I haven't noticed other boilers have this dual expansion tank... It would expand back into the water mains

Fitted an external one on a Potterton Performa he. Same boiler different badge I think. Potterton said to connect it to the 1/2" capped connection on the return valve. Can't remember why, but had no issues with it.

You can fit an external expansion vessel with no problem. Preheat will still work fine.

has anyone fitted an external EV to one of these as opposed to replace a failed original. My only concern is the these are not the average EV as part of it is used for the DHW preheat I believe. it would make my life so much easier if it possible as the boiler location and access is very poor. One for GASMAN :cheesy:

yes can be done without disabling pre heat but go for a 12 L vessel,10 L was never really upto it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi instant 105e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a very strange issue with my BAXI 105e DHW. if i turn on the hot tap the pump starts and demand for DHW is shown, after a some seconds it will show an error, 60 degree, pump or flow. Well switch the tap off wait maybe fifteen seconds turn tap on and low and behold hot water. If after a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Quick question. I have a baxi 105e instant that has a Diverter valve issue. The bypass is allowing hot water around the bypass pipe and into the CH return pipe. I have looked at a rebuild kit and it seems that there are 2 listed. One is a cartridge type and the other more a kit. My...
Replies
Views
Hi all. After some advice before I get some quotes. I have a 19 year old baxi 105e instant that needs replaced for something more efficient. I’m looking for suggestions for another baxi combi boiler that can be changed over with minimum work. My flue is side exit from the boiler (approx 1m to...
Replies
Views
First of all, apologies, it seems this topic has been posted but don't believe my specific issue is covered. So been living in my Victorian house for almost 10 years, no issues. Have 2 bathrooms, 2 loos that all go to a large underground soakaway, I believe. I can only see one soil vent pipe...
Replies
Views
Can anyone give me clear instructions for repressurising / topping up a BAXI Combi Instant 105e? Please see attached photo. Levers should be at top in case it appears rotated. It's not my boiler so am unsure. Thanks!
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock