Search the forum,

Discuss Baxi Megaflo 2 System 12 Compact GA always failing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ratcliffe_mike

I purchased a new home 4 years ago. Since then I have had to call engineers out to our Megaflo 2 System 12 Compact GA around twice a year. Pretty much every time they come they replace all the internals. The problem is that 2 failures a year is way too much and the £350.00 per year warranty cover is too high.

I am not sure what to do but I get the feeling that it makes most sense to buy a new boiler.

My house has:
- 1 Bath
- 3 Showers
- 10 radiators over 3 zones

What is your experience with this boiler? Is it normal for it to fail at least once per year?

The GA range was not one of Baxi's finest, and failures were legion in the early days. However, my understanding was that it was mostly a software issue and once fixed, should stay fixed?

However, I stand ready to be corrected by others with more experience. We tended to avoid them after the first few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Megaflo 2 System 12 Compact GA always failing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock