Search the forum,

Discuss baxi system 18c ga on a vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

beat275

i have a gas fitter coming to fit a baxi system 18c ga for me. its an unvented boiler. my cylinder is vented. he said i would have to get a new cylinder so its unvented. is this correct? or can he use the existing one?

As long as your existing cylinder is Indirect and not Primatic then your new boiler will work with it.

just out of intrest how is this done? does the vent in the loft need capping off. what do you mean by primatic

Take a look in your loft, if you have a large cold water tank and a small tank (usually nearby) then you probably have an indirect hw cylinder.

Google search for primatic hot water cylinder and you should get all the information about how they work.

its indirect. 2 tanks in attic. does the vent for the heating system need capping off?

What's the preoccupation with asking if the vent needs capping, have you got a heating engineer/gas fitter doing the job or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to baxi system 18c ga on a vented system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no need for zone valves, controling it with a V-Smart and a VR10. I've spoken to Vaillant Tech and they said you cannot use the VR10 with a vented...
Replies
Views
Hi all - can someone explain what the two black levers are in this picture? Are they for putting more pressure in the heating system? I have a Megaflow Eco Systemfit Unvented Cylinder.
Replies
Views
I am looking into a new Main eco compact / Baxi 618 system boiler set up for PDHW (if its possible) I was hoping to use the EPH controls priority hot water pack I currently have a 15year old HWC around 900mm tall by 450mm dia would I benefit from a new fast recovery HWC for the system (I...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Baxi Ecoblue System boiler which was recently serviced just before Christmas. There has since been a constant but slow drip coming from the black nylon plastic drain plug at the back of the boiler which is accessible from the underneath. It does not appear to be from the thread...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock