Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Best gas torch, still Rothy SF II? in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Mines died, is the Rothy SF II still the pack leader and firm favorite?

The Nerrad looks well built but I haven't handled it, there's even a SF III that I like the look of but there doesn't appear to be much support for it never mind the price.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Superfire

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Super fire for me too.

4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Superfire for me , I aint rich enough to be a pressfit wanke*

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Turbotorch extreme pal. I found the superfire 2 torch flame to not be consistent

6. AMGasServices

AMGasServices GSR

I’d agree with most of the chaps and say superfire. Even the local mechanic uses a superfire to loosen tight joints.

7. Karl

Karl Member

Definitely the super fire

8. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

I’ve got super fire too but changed to crimping only

9. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

I have two of the Superfire torches, (one in use and the other still unused as a spare).
    I would advise you look at a complete Rothenberger kit which will be a tote bag, SF2 torch, gas bottle, plus other Roth tools including pipe slice. (Various kits available)
    Works out much cheaper. Think I got a kit for over £60, which when you consider the cost of the Roth grips, slice, gas bottle, tote bag and SF torch, it means you get the torch for a bargain price.
    I also have a Monument torch which I haven’t soldered with yet. It has a very good flame, but feels a bit lightweight made

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  10. Ch4 plumbing

Ch4 plumbing Plumber GSR

Which one have you got? And which brand of fittings do you use?

11. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Doubt you can get that kit for £60 anymore Best and you're right the monument is lightweight. Okay I can be a bit rough but the piezo died pretty quickly on mine, at least with the Rothy you can get a service kit.

12. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

Had my SF2 for about 15 years and only ever needed a good clean every now and again and as good as new

13. djchristoff

djchristoff New Member

I use a sievert powerjet with the interchangeable burners. (Same as the rothenberger superfire 3)

14. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

I think I can still get that Rothenberger kit for same money. It may have been closer to £70 and plus vat.
    I will see what I can source

15. Best

Best Trusted Plumber

• Agree Agree x 1