Search the forum,

Discuss Best gas torch, still Rothy SF II? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gmartine

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Mines died, is the Rothy SF II still the pack leader and firm favorite?

The Nerrad looks well built but I haven't handled it, there's even a SF III that I like the look of but there doesn't appear to be much support for it never mind the price.

Superfire

I have two of the Superfire torches, (one in use and the other still unused as a spare).
I would advise you look at a complete Rothenberger kit which will be a tote bag, SF2 torch, gas bottle, plus other Roth tools including pipe slice. (Various kits available)
Works out much cheaper. Think I got a kit for over £60, which when you consider the cost of the Roth grips, slice, gas bottle, tote bag and SF torch, it means you get the torch for a bargain price.
I also have a Monument torch which I haven’t soldered with yet. It has a very good flame, but feels a bit lightweight made

Last edited:
I have two of the Superfire torches, (one in use and the other still unused as a spare).
I would advise you look at a complete Rothenberger kit which will be a tote bag, SF2 torch, gas bottle, plus other Roth tools including pipe slice. (Various kits available)
Works out much cheaper. Think I got a kit for over £60, which when you consider the cost of the Roth grips, slice, gas bottle, tote bag and SF torch, it means you get the torch for a bargain price.
I also have a Monument torch which I haven’t soldered with yet. It has a very good flame, but feels a bit lightweight made

Doubt you can get that kit for £60 anymore Best and you're right the monument is lightweight. Okay I can be a bit rough but the piezo died pretty quickly on mine, at least with the Rothy you can get a service kit.

Had my SF2 for about 15 years and only ever needed a good clean every now and again and as good as new

Doubt you can get that kit for £60 anymore Best and you're right the monument is lightweight. Okay I can be a bit rough but the piezo died pretty quickly on mine, at least with the Rothy you can get a service kit.

I think I can still get that Rothenberger kit for same money. It may have been closer to £70 and plus vat.
I will see what I can source

Wow...thanks Best, thinking it's too good to be true too, well see, the gas alone is worth what is being asked.

Listing is very specific so no qualms there however he hasn't sold anything in over a year. Have seen this before, yes good feedback but not that active and needs to make a fast buck by underselling and then disappearing. Covered by paypal eventually, also used below vendor's picture so avoid or take a punt.

ROTHENBERGER HOTBAG 35644 SUPER FIRE 2 TORCH , TOOLBAG AND 2 X MAPP GAS 19828 | eBay

Last edited:
Which one have you got? And which brand of fittings do you use?
REMS & rigid and would use viega or geberit fittings. Best ones for me viega. Xpress fittings aren’t good at all you can turn them ones crimped. Bad quality of fittings if you asked me

REMS & rigid and would use viega or geberit fittings. Best ones for me viega. Xpress fittings aren’t good at all you can turn them ones crimped. Bad quality of fittings if you asked me

depends how much force you can turn all of them

depends how much force you can turn all of them
Mr Schlaumeier back on Track? You always have to say something isn’t true?

Have you ever used the xpress ones before ? Did you actually notice that they sit very loose inside the fitting before you even crimp them? It won’t happen with viega or geberit ...

Mr Schlaumeier back on Track? You always have to say something isn’t true?

Have you ever used the xpress ones before ? Did you actually notice that they sit very loose inside the fitting before you even crimp them? It won’t happen with viega or geberit .

yes maybe 1t difference so you think geberit wont turn

Just looked at the eBay listing, bargain. Thinking of buying it just because of the price but will it turn up?

worth a punt at that price

Just looked at the eBay listing, bargain. Thinking of buying it just because of the price but will it turn up?

Hope it works out if you go for it.
Seems odd, but there are some genuine bargains on there.
That would surely be a loss to sell for that price and then free postage, which just seems suspicious

Can you replace the spark generator on an SF2? Ive got one in the garage but you need to light it with a cigarette lighter.

Don't think you can

Reply to Best gas torch, still Rothy SF II? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock