Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Best Public Liability & Tool insurance in the Insurance for Plumbers area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. REDSAW

REDSAW Guest

you must be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mine came out at £600---twice as much as my renewal and i aint even completed the detail, sod that.

2. anz

anz Plumber GSR

No, I'm not. I'm just waiting for my cashback to be confirmed now.

I will say that after reading the policies, I felt that the Corgi one was better overall. I thought it was more tailored to this trade, and might have covered more. If it were only £50 difference I would have gone with Corgi. I didn't want to pay 80% more though.

3. bonzo1974

bonzo1974 Guest

Might be a bit late for the above conversation, but I got mine through Tradesman Saver underwritten by Henry Seymour. £2m public liability and £2500 tools inc unattended vehicle cover, £100,000 free legal assistance, £10,000 of financial loss cover, £5000 business contents cover all for £127.58.
    Admittedly the excess for third party damage to property is £500, but hopefully I'd only need it if I'd made a proper sized booboo and would need to claim more than £500 anyway.
    My father-in-law is an ex MD of an insurance firm so I got him to look over the policy documentation and it's all kosher. Not sure how they can do it when everyone else is around the £400 mark and upwards, but hey, who cares!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. PatchettPlumbing

PatchettPlumbing Guest

I'm with Direct Line for mine, seem pretty reasonable.

5. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

Just had a quote from Tradesman saver... £95 for year. 2 million P/L plus £1500 tool cover!! Can this be right?

• Like Like x 1
  6. northstar

northstar Plumber

did you take the policy ?

7. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

No. paid £106 cos i went for £2k tools cover instead

8. Keefy

Keefy Plumber

I'm presuming there's a huge excess on this?

9. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

If you go on the site you can see the policy docs.

10. northstar

northstar Plumber

i have got a quote from tradesman saver £1m cover £82.00 Third Party Property Damage Excess £500
    Use of Heat Excess £500
    Damage to Underground Services Excess £1000
    Financial Loss Excess £2,500 or the first 10% (whichever is the greater)
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Cover Indemnity Limit
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]Public / Products Liability £1,000,000
    Do you use heat?
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Yes [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]Employers Liability
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Not Insured [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]Number of principals/partners 1
    Do you have temporary employees? No
    Do you use power driven woodworking machinery? No
    Working Partners Extension
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Not Operative [/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial][/FONT][/FONT]Financial Loss £10,000

• Like Like x 1
  11. Simon F

Simon F Trusted Plumber GSR

certainly be giving them a try next time, massive saving!!??..:deal:

12. Barry98

Barry98 Guest

mines due next month so i might be giving them a try too

13. nicro3

nicro3 Plumber

Mines due on the 19th of this month 362.00 with my existing. 125.00 Tradesman saver no brainer. Spoke to them sounds kosher--------nice. Will do some more research though

14. gavinwilson

gavinwilson Plumber

Reminds me I haven't received my policy from these yet took it out about 2 week ago

sent from my annoying box

15. leelister6

leelister6 Plumber GSR

They send it in a pdf file via email