Search the forum,

Discuss Best reliable budget combi vs price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary80gas

Gas Engineer
Usual story of customer wanting the most reliability for the cheapest price. Its for a cash strapped local charity community hub so I want to give them the best for the price.
Looking at a number of low price boilers which i haven't installed myself.
I'm liking the look of the Baxi 400 24kw with a 5yr warranty and flue for £729. Anyone installed this one, are they any good or got a better suggestion? Thanks.

Vokera easi-heat 29kw 5 year warranty and less than the Baxi by over £100.

Ravenheat-June1719857-1a-e1504706521159.jpg

Have they fixed the fact you have to remove 30 screws to get the combustion cover off?

Needs to be a 24/25kw boiler to avoid upgrading gas pipe.
The ravenheat cs80 is a good low price, £500. How good are they at servicing the warranty? I always think you get what you pay for so I worry that for £500 im going to get lots of call backs. How many have you fitted and how reliable were they? Thanks.
Anyone rate the baxi 400 24kw?

I haven't fitted any but have quoted a few as the budget option
They are getting great reviews on Facebook mainly due to the warranty back up
Join the Facebook page and take s look

The 400 looks very plastic to me

Ok Vokera easi-heat 24, 5 year warranty fitted loads on camp sites and for landlords never been back to one of them under £500.

I would fit one of these bud just serviced one same inside as the Ideal Logic £100'S cheaper . cheers kop

Screenshot_2018-05-04-05-50-46.png

Screenshot_2018-05-04-05-55-18.png

ravenheaps!!! I would never fit one of them again after the poor excuse for a boiler that is the csi85. could go door to door on each site to fix breakdowns and leaks on them things. kept me in work tho.
Even the blokes at plumbcentre said the only parts they tended to sell was for ravenheat fans, thermistors and pcbs haha!!! Atleast technical are Rubbish hot tho.

I'm with Kop on this one, the baxi 400s have a lot of good reviews but never fitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Best reliable budget combi vs price in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Been a retired plumber now for almost 20 years so a bit out of touch with the trade. I am wanting to replace a combi boiler . What is the most reliable and cheapest boiler to install, I would welcome any comments on those so called 5/10 year warranties that are given out. I would prefer...
Replies
Views
Hello - I was hoping for some advice and opinions on a new combi boiler I currently have a 3 bed semi with a myson orion boiler (it isnt a combi) - the boiler was installed around 1989, hasn't given any problems and is still working fine. Due to the increase in gas prices it is time to change...
Replies
Views
Good day, I am not a plumber/heating engineer and don't don't tackle plumbing or electrics, having done a bit of both with variable success :). But I am an avid researcher and like to understand how things work and get the best out of them. The Glowworm Combi boiler that was in my small 2 bed...
Replies
Views
I’m after some advice. We are replacing our 21 year old Ideal Classic boiler and have been looking at the pros and cons of combi vs system boilers. House is a 3 bed detached, 9 radiators, 1 bath tub, 1 shower. Boiler is currently on an external wall and we will be looking to move it into the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just looking for some advice/points of view from those in the know. Door to door salesman from a company called Home Efficiency Surveys caught me in a good mood on a sunny day & I agreed to get a quote for a new efficient boiler (something I generally don't do). The sales guy has just been...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock