Search the forum,

Discuss bleeding an oil tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gypsyfi

Hi, I have a rhino oil boiler and I ran out of oil, it now wont start....after much you tubing I think it needs bleeding....Ive managed to find the 'sticky out hexagonal thiny' which I can fit a 4mm (i think) allen key into, and can remove the wee thing inside the sticky out thing....but nothing happens and I wondering what else I need to do....? thanks

Hello. You need to be certain you have touched only the bleeding point.
If you have tampered with any other screws, (allen or slotted) then you will need an oil engineer to sort it before attempting to fire the burner.
If it is a brass stem of about 70mm long then it might be a suitable bleeding point.
Your oil line could be air locked (highly likely) or a filter blocked.
Have patience and give it a few minutes to see if oil appears before you screw the screw back in, as if you had run out of oil remember the entire oil line will have drawn air in.
Make sure the screw has rubber seal still on it or inside oil pump or you could leave an oil leak later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bleeding an oil tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock