Search the forum,

Discuss Bleeding hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brenjoe

Hi, i have an oil boiler heating 3 zones, one of which is hot water. I removed a radiator last week so accordingly opened all 3 valves manually and drained the system before plumbing. On completion i refilled the system and vented the radiators from the bottom up. Both heating zones are operating perfectly, however my hot water zone is not. For that zones, the boiler is failing to start. If i have an airlock, how to vent the hot water zones, as i have done for the radiator zones?? Thanks in advance

Hi Brenjoe,
I take it that you have an unvented system? Look in the cylinder cupboard and see if there is a manual screw type vent at the high point of the hot water coil, if so vent this and all should be good. If not I would lock open the zone valve to the hot water leaving the heating off. Generally there is little resistance to the coil on the cylinder pushing through an airlock on hot water only but if this doesn't suffice please let me know and I can go through several further ways in which to resolve this for you. regards Rogerp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bleeding hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock