Search the forum,

Discuss Blow torch problem ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys,

Ive put a new gas can on my blow torch, however no matter how many times i put the can on for some reason its hissing and gas coming out, not sure if its the mapp can or the rothenberger torch ? can anyone help

cheers

Hissing out from the can connection ?

Try a couple of turns of ptfe on the can threads to rule the can out

Turn the torch upside down and put the bottle on. Mine never attaches properly if I attach torch to bottle. Always have to do bottle to torch.

Had same problem some have an o ring on center spindle others have a washer like a washing machine hose type depending on where they seal on spindle or canister thread. Decided to buy new unit because i thought what do you do it your blowlamp catches fire (run lol)
drop it throw it ?

Could also be the bottle my merchant had a dodgy batch

I’ve put a new bottle on not so much hissing but gas it coming from the little hole under the trigger
I just got a service kit for mine. I went into my local plumb centre and asked them to contact the Rothenburger rep and they sent me one for free. Try it. You might get the same.

While on the subject of repairs to Surefires, - what do you pay for a complete new SF2 ?

with to map bottles around 60 plus

with to map bottles around 60 plus

Seems a good deal, considering the Mapp bottles would cost a lot to buy.
I know there are Rothenberger kits, - Roth tool bag, SF2 torch, one bottle Propane gas, Roth 15mm pipe slice, 10" Roth grips, all for ÂŁ69 plus.

Seems a good deal, considering the Mapp bottles would cost a lot to buy.
I know there are Rothenberger kits, - Roth tool bag, SF2 torch, one bottle Propane gas, Roth 15mm pipe slice, 10" Roth grips, all for ÂŁ69 plus.

normally find the stuff crud or you already have it but if you havent what have you got to loose

i think city had an offer on last month

case
sf2
two bottles
12-22mm pipe slices
two adj spanners
some grips

all for ÂŁ100 plus

normally find the stuff crud or you already have it but if you havent what have you got to loose

i think city had an offer on last month

case
sf2
two bottles
12-22mm pipe slices
two adj spanners
some grips

all for ÂŁ100 plus

That looks a good deal, - and you could always sell on anything you don't need, cheap.
The Rothenberger kit I mentioned is all good Roth gear. The grips alone, as an example, must be worth ÂŁ20. Sort of works out the SF2 torch is nearly free. :)

That looks a good deal, - and you could always sell on anything you don't need, cheap.
The Rothenberger kit I mentioned is all good Roth gear. The grips alone, as an example, must be worth ÂŁ20. Sort of works out the SF2 torch is nearly free. :)

yep but i bet it doesnt cost roth much :D

That is the super fire 2 mate. It’s a lot at Part centre.

I am actually getting myself a bit confused with Superfire2 and Surefire2 torches. Now not certain which one is with the deal, but I bought one kit, just for the torch as a back up, plus some of the other tools will eventually be needed, obviously like the propane bottle and pipeslice. Tote bag is decent also.

yep but i bet it doesnt cost roth much :D
Never does. I was surprised when they sent me the service kit for free. That is a good deal. With my pricing it works out to be a bottle and half of free gas. I F*****g hate the blue stuff. Map all the way baby.:p

I only use map now but turn it right down so it's like a super candle :D on 15 and less

I am actually getting myself a bit confused with Superfire2 and Surefire2 torches. Now not certain which one is with the deal, but I bought one kit, just for the torch as a back up, plus some of the other tools will eventually be needed, obviously like the propane bottle and pipeslice. Tote bag is decent also.
The super fire is the daddy mate. In my opinion.

Mapps only about 11 a canister. Need a new nozzle for mine. Got some solder in the nozzle, got it out but the insert is all to pot and not giving the right flame.

Mapps only about 11 a canister. Need a new nozzle for mine. Got some solder in the nozzle, got it out but the insert is all to pot and not giving the right flame.
The insert comes with the service kit mate. I will get the part number in the morning if you want it. I pay 12.00 + at the moment. Normally buy a few when on offer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blow torch problem ???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock