Search the forum,

Discuss Blow torch problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Winston

I have got the rothenberger sure fire 2 today I have had problems with the ignition, is there a battery to change as I have had it about 18 months. And do you need to dismantle to clean it up as I havent as yet :( Hpe its ok as was quite costly :(

ah...
the north sea oil rig..
got one of those, didnt you get instructions for it?.
no batteries included.lol

Hi winston
I had mine about a year and all is fine.I'm unaware of anything like that.
Maybe mines solar powered!!!

Instructions somewhere :p Just thought a battery must be inside to create the spark ;)

mine sticks abit,have to click about 5 or 6 times before it lights

mind you it is about five years old and a bit abused if honest

i have heard that the piezo ingnition dont last too long and eventually bogger up, so that will be a fact. if you know about cigarette lighters they work the same way so its check for ignition and alignment of probe.

it may be just down to it being full of solder and flux, experience minimises this though and regular checking and maintenance prolongs the life of the torch.;)

I use MAPP mainly does that damage it, very upset lovely tool :(, but I cant abide something that doesnt work as it should.

Try asking for a replacement. I find it amazing how many companies like Rothenberger are willing to replace free of charge or heavily discounted, if you ask nicely and explain that it didn't last as long as you had originally expected.

ang on a minuite, dont rothenburger hold a lifetime guarentee on their products?.
my mate had a roth' plastic pipe cutter and the spring jammed- they gave him a new one as he said life guarentee?

Hi winston
I have had the same problem over the years and rothenberger are usually very good and send out the kit to repair it, but before you start undo the nozzle and make sure no flux or ditritus has dropped into the nozzle also you will find the igniton wire at the end of the tube, try bending that towards the end of the tube to make the spark gap smaller.
Depending on how old your surefire is you may find that when you come to undo the allen key bolts that they are jammed in and wont undo, then its time to buy a new one.
regards
mike

Seems sorted took tip off had a look did nothing put it back all is well :D Even used it tonight as have been doing some work at home to light the fire :D Who need fire lighters and matches :D

you can purchase replacement ignition system for your torch. very easy to replace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Blow torch problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock