Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler and thermostat choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I'm looking to buy a new boiler and thermostat over the coming months. I've got 2 options I like and I'm just looking for people's opinion.

1. Worcester 28CDi Compact with either the wave, comfort 2 or nest.

2. Baxi EcoBlue Plus 28 with nest.

The Worcester thermostats look much better than the Baxi ones, I'm not too keen on Baxi's own options so I decided on possibly the Nest if I chose the Baxi boiler.

I like the look of the Comfort 2 with Worcester boilers but obviously I'm just wondering if all the fuss over 'smart' internet based thermostats is worth it. If it is then it's between the wave which has the weather control system for efficiency or the nest which has very good reviews online and can also offer zonal control for different radiators.

I'm new to all this so I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks.

Comfort 2 isn't internet compatible, so that leave wave,nest or hive

Personally I wouldn't bother with any of this fancy turn your heating on from your phone tablet etc

Comfort 2 is a good system esp if the boiler is remote eg loft, if it's easy access eg inside the house comfort 1 is also good (programmer on the boiler, and a wireless room stat)

Personally I would go with a Worcester and the 28 compact is a very good boiler

If it's down to your budget go with baxi there also very good, I don't rate there after sales support as good a Worcester but it's very close

Have a look at this thread also

Baxi Platinum or Worcester

Comfort 2 isn't internet compatible, so that leave wave,nest or hive

Personally I wouldn't bother with any of this fancy turn your heating on from your phone tablet etc

Comfort 2 is a good system esp if the boiler is remote eg loft, if it's easy access eg inside the house comfort 1 is also good (programmer on the boiler, and a wireless room stat)

Personally I would go with a Worcester and the 28 compact is a very good boiler

If it's down to your budget go with baxi there also very good, I don't rate there after sales support as good a Worcester but it's very close

Have a look at this thread also

Baxi Platinum or Worcester
I actually love thermostats that you can control from your phone. I fitted myself a Hive about 2 years ago and we love it. But we are out and about a lot. It does depend on if you will use it or not.

Me personally, I'd go for Top range boiler which is : 1) Atag iC 28 / or 2) Atag iC ECO 27
Atag ONE controller ( weather dependent internet controller )
1) 5 years parts and labour warranty and lifetime iCon heat exchanger warranty
2) the second one has got 7 years parts and labour warranty and lifetime iCon heat exchanger warranty. But you are able to upgrade up to 10 years.
Here is a link to the Atag boiler have read and about it you are able to safe 12% annually and if you upgrade your Radiator valves to thermostatic ones you can gain another 5%. You are also able to control the via tablet and smartphones as nest or hive.

http://atagheating.co.uk/atag-one/

Welcome to the forum :)

Kind regards

Ron

I would go with the Ideal Vogue with a ten year warranty, a very reliable boiler and a no quibble guarantee.

Well my I've always been leaning towards the Worcester 28CDi compact, it's going to be in the kitchen and hidden in a cupboard when we get the new kitchen. Think I'll probably go with the Comfort 2 or Wave, just need to decide whether I'll ever use the app/internet or is it unnecessary.

Thanks all.

Has anyone got experience of the nest system? It seems the smart thermostats are the way forward after reading up about them.

The nest sounds like a very good system, it has amazing reviews online. Whereas the Wave is made for Worcester systems but hasn't got as good reviews.

Sorry, I keep changing my mind!

Also the smart thermostats claim to adjust and learn your heating requirements, learn whether your in or out etc... My question Is, are they constantly turning the boiler on/off to learn your usage and if it detects the room temperature really low and you're out, is it going to turn the boiler on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler and thermostat choice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock