Search the forum,

Discuss boiler breakdown Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0167

Gas Engineer
HI Guys and girls hopefully someone can help

went to a breakdown over 2 months ago, no hot water and heating , took the case of and called for heat, fan started but Aps didnt make, tested switch no making and breaking went and got a new one , and hey presto all working fine ..

2 moths later get the call ...... you know that boiler you fixed its gone off again .... went out took the cover off as before called for heat , fan went Aps clicked over but didnt carry on the sequence tested the pressure switch working fine pulled the tubes off checked them , they were fine as soon as i put the positive tube back on Aps clicked over and it fired , put everything back together called for heat a few times everything working as normal

day later get a call again boiler back off , so now im thinking fan venturi went there took case of pulled the positive tube off put back on and hey presto fired up again , turned everything off took fan out checked venturi not damaged or blocked , fan is working no unusual noise ?

boiler is the old 24i Junior . GC 47-311-69

Anyone got any ideas , as im sure ill be back there in a couple of days

thanks in advance

Matt

Hate it when that happens. Sometimes worth having a coffee and doing an hour in the office, then straight back to sleep.

Moved

Well havnt had the call today so that was a good thing, don't know weather to call them and ask is it still on

Now have the GSR baner under my name so far that 2 things gone rite maybe I can win the lottery and retire from the rat race

Well havnt had the call today so that was a good thing, don't know weather to call them and ask is it still on

Now have the GSR baner under my name so far that 2 things gone rite maybe I can win the lottery and retire from the rat race
Maybe. But You would be exceptionally lucky.:p

If you do, don't forget to pay the open bar tab :D

Remove flue restrictor ring had this on a few when they get a bit older. If that doesn’t work it’ll probs be pcb. But by sounds of it , it will be the flue ring.

Do recall on the older juniors if the boiler has tripped overheat stat/thinks it’s over heated you will still get the fan running an aps making but it blocks the gas valve from opening.Only suggest this as you said second visit fan running an aps had made but sequence stopped from there

first thing I'll be doing is changing my
Remove flue restrictor ring had this on a few when they get a bit older. If that doesn’t work it’ll probs be pcb. But by sounds of it , it will be the flue ring.
Thanks @Gas74 I havnt had the call back yet but I'm sure I'll be back there anytime soon will try that when back thanks , I did read through the book and it does tell you to fit a flue restrictor as it's only one section through the wall , any implications on removing it with the extra air intake on gas consumption ?

Thanks Matt

I’ve talked to WORCESTER technical about it years ago and they just say carry out a bp and fgs test afterwards and if all ok it is fine to do. I’ve had 2 or 3 since then and never had an issue.

Do recall on the older juniors if the boiler has tripped overheat stat/thinks it’s over heated you will still get the fan running an aps making but it blocks the gas valve from opening.Only suggest this as you said second visit fan running an aps had made but sequence stopped from there
any time now I'll be back I'll take a look at along with removing the flue restrictor

thanks

Matt

Had the call back today o_Oo_O same as before pop the positive pressure tube of heard the APS click to close , put tube back on clicks open and fires immediately... put casing on and can turn it off at the spur and it will work fine comes on and off as expected numerous times ,

removed the flue restrictor now so will see how that goes ,

looking through the fault finding pages on it im leaning on the its Damned scenario :):),

Only had the call today again but this time was to say it's been on all weekend so a massive thanks to @Gas74 removing the flue restrictor has worked a treat.

hopefully that's the end of phone calls

Thanks all for your help

Matt

Only had the call today again but this time was to say it's been on all weekend so a massive thanks to @Gas74 removing the flue restrictor has worked a treat.

hopefully that's the end of phone calls

Thanks all for your help

Matt
No problem when I had my
First one of them I think I tried every part of boiler conceivable and was laughing when it turned out all I had to do was remove an existing one. ‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler breakdown Help Please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock