Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler leaking water in at least two places. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I recently noticed that we had a couple of slow leaks from the boiler. One was just below the front metal panel cover and the other from a pipe underneath it. In the last couple of days the leak from the pipe/valve has become faster, filling up a bucket full each day. On closer inspection it looks like a screw is missing from the valve/pipe so for the time being I’ve inserted a normal screw to try to stem the leak but it hasn’t worked. In the same time we’ve noticed that our Hall radiator is also leaking and the laminate flooring is showing signs of water damage. I’ve attached a photo of the areas where the leaks are and wondered if someone could clarify what is wrong and the sort of cost involved in repairs. Thanks

6D68993D-6958-44E1-A132-403ECCF8E857.jpeg

7DCBBC55-1302-4044-AEC9-BA8BB8BF96F8.jpeg

4FC892D9-03FE-4753-ABAD-14F34AFA107A.jpeg

I recently noticed that we had a couple of slow leaks from the boiler. One was just below the front metal panel cover and the other from a pipe underneath it. In the last couple of days the leak from the pipe/valve has become faster, filling up a bucket full each day. On closer inspection it looks like a screw is missing from the valve/pipe so for the time being I’ve inserted a normal screw to try to stem the leak but it hasn’t worked. In the same time we’ve noticed that our Hall radiator is also leaking and the laminate flooring is showing signs of water damage. I’ve attached a photo of the areas where the leaks are and wondered if someone could clarify what is wrong and the sort of cost involved in repairs. Thanks

View attachment 34495

View attachment 34496

View attachment 34497
To misquote Tommy Cooper, don't take it to those places :p

Time to get a pro in.
Don’t remove that screw! It looks like it’s in place of a retaining clip! Could cause a big leak

Reply to Boiler leaking water in at least two places. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock