Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler or Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very old thermal store (for dhw & ch) which works fine for ch but is sporadic for hw. Had the cylinder descaled in case that. Last week lots of hw, boiler coming on & off as required, this week - no hot water & boiler not coming on to heat. Switched thru timer controls (from timed to off back to timed) now boiler comes on but is on the whole time the timer is on.... does this sound like a thermostat issue? The man who descaled cylinder suggest the thermostat was stuck in place so any ideas on how to remove it without breaking itn(as cannot afford to replace cylinder) thanks

Is your thermal store the Gledhill with a panel on the cylinder with a clock at the top and a dial you can turn to summer or winter?

No it's much older than that (sadly) - I think it was made by heatweb..... when it works it's fine it's just so temperamental

My one is behind loads of random shelves - it looks very much like this one (except mine has no emersion) & the thermostat doesn't have a dial on it (best internet trawling I could do)

IMG_4514.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler or Thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have moved to house that has an Ideal Logic combi c24 with a Danfoss RX1-S receiver and a RET2000B - RF thermostat. However, the mechanical timer on the boiler is not working so I can't program the boiler to turn on and off at different times. Therefore, I bought a TP5001RF programable...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
R
Thermostat and Programmer not communicating with Boiler. Both have been replaced. Any ideas? On the Glowworm boiler 18sxi I can use the CH controller to switch on/off the boiler, that works fine. Also upstairs i have a tank, when I switch that on I get hot water. But what else can I check...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Customer complained of hot water tank getting hot when no demand Y plan system couldn't see any issues so I watched it Timer set to CH only, HW off Thermostat turned to on Heating comes on as normal, valve moved to CH position After around 20 minutes the 3 way valve moves to mid point and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock