Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler replacement cost/quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all,
Could anyone tell me if £1900 is a good prices for supplying and installing a worcester green star ri 15 conventional condensing boiler.
Hopefully the pic attached of the boiler location works OK.
I need an over ride pipe fitted and a pipe put into a drain as the new ones a condensating one.
New hole needed for the flu too as the new boiler has the flu coming out the top rather than the side.
I've had so many people telling me different things that it's confusing.
Im normally on the tiling forum, as that's the industry I'm in, and find it great so, thought I'd try here :)
Any options, questions welcome.
mms_20171102_163013.jpg

I would say a tad on the cheap side

Bit cheap as shaun said get your installer to detail how he will go about your upgrade and what your getting for your quote . regards kop

Evening,
Sorry yes, an automatic 22mm by pass valve in the airing cupboard, not a override.
A worcester magnetic filter and flush is in there too.
The controls are to stay the same.
The chap who came around went through it thoroughly with me and has an excellent repution via reviews.
I did think about buying the boiler online myself for about £800 and seeing if a plumber would be happy to fit it for whatever their day rate is.
The thing is tho, I suspect that with the flue and plume kit, filter and whatever extras, it's not worth me risking buying the wrong stuff.
Sounds like the quote I've had is good then.

I would recommend replacing the port valve / valves if there a few years old also a new pump

Its a good price but i would upgrade the controls and change all the rad valves minimum, if your happy go with it post a few pictures on completion please . good luck kop

Last edited:
The pumps only a few years old but, I've no idea about the valves, I'll see if I can find out as it's prob cheaper to get them done if required whilst the rest is being done.
I really ought to look up new control costs too as maybe it's worth it.
I'll go for it and post back when all done.
Thanks all for replying,much appreciated.
Its hard when u know nothing about it like me. I try not to expect something for nothing but also like everyone I guess, want value for money.

Evening,
Sorry yes, an automatic 22mm by pass valve in the airing cupboard, not a override.
A worcester magnetic filter and flush is in there too.
The controls are to stay the same.
The chap who came around went through it thoroughly with me and has an excellent repution via reviews.
I did think about buying the boiler online myself for about £800 and seeing if a plumber would be happy to fit it for whatever their day rate is.
The thing is tho, I suspect that with the flue and plume kit, filter and whatever extras, it's not worth me risking buying the wrong stuff.
Sounds like the quote I've had is good then.

I do not think you will find a plumber who will fit the boiler + doing the flush for a day rate. If I were you just get a couple of quotes go with the one you feel is the best for you. The price he has given isn't too bad but depends on your system and the area. Will the guy install a scale reducer too? Is the flush just a Magnacleanse flush or full power flush ?
Just bear in mind if few Radiator valves start dripping / leaking during power flush ( because of opening and closing ) you will need to replace them. As @king of pipes has mentioned you Should change them all in one go so you will have a piece of mind. Ideally you shouldn't keep the old controllers, just get new ones. Is the wrong way of saving money

Its not a power flush, just the chemical type of clean out.
This chap who did this quote was the only one who detailed exactly what he was going to do and what boiler he would fit. I've had, including this one, X3 prices now. All very similar money tbh.
I'm going to look at the cost of doing the controls as an extra £100 odd, if that's what it is would be fine.

Looks good

What did you go for in the end

Just two questions?
1 - Is that a 15mm Gas pipe?
2 - the hole around the flue should be sealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler replacement cost/quote in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock