Search the forum,

Discuss Bonomi Shower Mixer Need Help to Fix Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the tap for my shower is leaking and I want to replace the cartridge(?) but I cannot seem to remove or loosen it using a spanner(10-14). There are no grub screws around it. Can someone please suggest what tool I need to buy for this or should I just hire a plumber?

Mu5Hmnb4SduKypruBl0Lng.jpg
WRqGbwM4SgWmmoTW1LzqIA.jpg
Oh0NhAg+TxCpUtiYcivt%g.jpg

Looks to me like there may be another retention ring in there holding the cartridge in. Might be worth taking off the chrome fascia. Might give you more room to swing a cat

Looks to me like there may be another retention ring in there holding the cartridge in. Might be worth taking off the chrome fascia. Might give you more room to swing a cat

I see I did not think of removing the chrome plate. I will try tonight.

I was able to remove the chrome plate and see this now. Does these cartridge things turn and needs force? It is clockwise to loosen right?

O67Tw40LRieWhZuQFAJLFw.jpg

no anti clockwise to loosen, righty tighty - lefty loosy, unless its LP gas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bonomi Shower Mixer Need Help to Fix Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early Florentine model circa 2006 though not 100% sure. I've removed the faceplate, unscrewed the chrome collar - and now want to extract the diverter...
Replies
Views
I recently had a plumber come over to look at a badly leaking shower head. As best I can recall, he described the problem as a crack in the bridge of the cold water pipe and explained that there were two options: 1. Get into the wall with a jackhammer to fix the problem; or 2. Install one of...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock