Search the forum,

Discuss Booster pump installed successfully, but now boiler goes to overheat! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi people, I guessed it was something simple and it was... The valve just before the circulation pump got stuck and hot water from the boiler would not get into the pump. It was less then half open and would not open fully. The other valve straight after the pump was not in the best condition. It took a good bit effort using the "convincer"/hammer to disconnect the pump and replace both valves and it's all perfect now.
Thanks to all your suggestions and advice!

Yes, Darren, you were right, because I am an amateur I didn't know that was a gate valve by the pump (the one with a small screw-like shutter you open/close with a flat end screwdriver. I genuinely thought it was air release valve and twisted it myself, noticed a small leak and tried to screw it back but it wasn't going back fully. When the plumber disconnected it altogether I saw that it was a gate valve full of black burn inside. Anyway, my silly mistake, shouldn't have touched it. Don't worry about the dislike, I will balance it out now by liking your comment . Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Booster pump installed successfully, but now boiler goes to overheat! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock