Search the forum,

Discuss Boosting a shower with a pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingDoey

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi

I tend to do gas and heating and don't get too involved in plumbing, so after some advice chaps.

Sister in law has a house newly refurbed by builders. It's got a lovely built in mixer shower on an open vented system. Pressure is horrendous.

Was going to put a combi in but due to her budget have suggested a pump instead. No chance of siting pump in airing cupboard and then running feeds for shower.

Was thinking I could convert cold to mains and fit single impeller under bath on hot to shower? Is this a viable option. Only other way I can think is to fit twin impeller in airing cupboard and boost all hot and cold supplies? Will this work? Only thing I'm thinking is pump will come on to fill wcs! Will do her head in!

Any ideas as best way to go with this?

Cheers

What's the incoming pressure and flow like ?

The mains is decent, from the cwsc and cylinder is horrendous

long shot but i would fit an unvented cylinder if the mains will take it as you would pay 3-400 for a decent pump and bits if its not can you get at any of the pipework for the shower?

Cheers Shaun, unvented out of question got no chance of getting discharge out!

But the don't work and are rubbish @GetBry

Was going to have a go with those. Have you used them before?

Yes take a set out more of a restriction and leak where the motor is

Appreciate that mate was going to give them a go. So really my only option is to fit a twin impeller under bath do you think I will get away with this?

Yes but will be noisy

Ok mate thanks. Sorry to go on so I can install a twin impeller under the bath (don't care about the noise it's her problem). Literally just on the hot and cold feeds to the shower and that will work ok?

She's got a tiny cylinder in there at the minute so going to put a 1200x450 in aswell. Any pumps you can recommend?

Thanks again for all the help mate

They should be on there own supplies, so if you can run new supply's when your changing the cylinder get one with a shower / secondary return connection

And Stuart turner are very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boosting a shower with a pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock