Search the forum,

Discuss Bosch Danesmoor lockout problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, after reading many posts on this site, have joined to post a question about my Danesmoor 20/25 oil utility boiler. For 2 winters we have had a problem where it goes to lockout during mild weather, (above about 5 Deg C), but is fine when colder. It may lockout 4 or 5 times a day, or just once. Press the orange reset and it starts fine till the next time. Replace solenoid, cleaned photo cell, not sure what to try next.
Question 1
Am I right in saying this lockout is because the boiler does not light in the allotted time, and not through over heat, I think there is a overheat reset under the top cover.
Question 2
There is a pipe run of about 35m between tank and boiler, has been fine for 8 years, if I were to clean out the oil pipe, what would be the best way to do this?
I would be grateful for any advice. I have tried the obvious choice of getting it serviced, but local firms are reticent to touch anything so old, so am trying to DIY it. Thanks

Probably needs set up.
Needs a good oil engineer to look at it and check everything. Try another firm, as they are not decent if they refuse to service that boiler, if it is reasonable condition.
Can you post the test results for oil pressure and flue gas that were done previously?

Probably needs set up.
Needs a good oil engineer to look at it and check everything. Try another firm, as they are not decent if they refuse to service that boiler, if it is reasonable condition.
Can you post the test results for oil pressure and flue gas that were done previously?
Thanks for the reply. Today I cleaned the filter close to the boiler, nothing much to talk about, no water. Bled the fuel line and is running fine at the moment, fingers crossed. We have lived here 12 years and so far have not been able to get anyone to do a service, all we get is " Too old, parts too expensive, get a new boiler" or they don't turn up when I stay in all day. Even a friend of my partner didn't turn up. You get to the point where you think, "S*d it, it's running", which runs against my engineering background of maintaining things properly.
Does the boiler adjust the air/fuel mixture according to ambient temp, like a car engine management system? Would this account for running fine in very cold weather, and not so good in milder weather? At the moment, been running fine for 90 minutes, fingers crossed. Thanks

No, unfortunately oil boilers don’t adjust their air to fuel mix. Whatever we oil guys set it at is how it runs, so that’s why we are careful to allow for weather effects.
I am actually working on a Danesmoor utility 32/50 coincidently at the moment.
They really need a good service, starting from the oil tank and finishing with flue gas check. I suspect your burner isn’t set up to burn properly.

Thanks for the reply, it fired up on the timer this morning and is still going, (4 hours). I shall probably grab the yellow pages at the week-end and sort out a visit. Cheers

Thanks for the reply, it fired up on the timer this morning and is still going, (4 hours). I shall probably grab the yellow pages at the week-end and sort out a visit. Cheers

If you post your approximate location on this thread or on the “Find a Plumber....” section, you might get one of the forums oil guys local to you.

Where are you Adrian?
Someone on here might help you out with a service.
Even if the boiler is old, if it’s sound, then a replacement burner is not out of the question for not too much money.
I would suggest, if the burner is obsolete then you really should think about getting a new one.
It may be that the air/fuel mixture is borderline. So that it’ll run in cold weather but not warm. You’ll need a flue gas analyser to set it up correctly and that’s not a diy job.
Edit: sorry, just noticed from your profile that you’re in Devon. Bit far for me I’m afraid (Aberdeen)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch Danesmoor lockout problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock