Search the forum,

Discuss bosch rd 532 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
Got call to boiler, no hot water or heating. got voltage into Boiler, got 240v from pcb to pump and about 200 ohms at pump. Fan works, gas valve works, ignition works as manage to get it fired up by chance, but then I shut it's self down. Pump didn't seem to be spinning though so I'm looking at that. Just a bit confused as has voltage from pcb to pump and resistance was okay.

Any ideas

Can u spin the pump shaft freely when powers off or is it stiff ,

Just been to a 37CDi today, pump was free as a bird, but boiler would go to U6 and then shut down, voltage to pump, but didn't work, 15 mile trip for new pump and everything back to normal,
But, I always thought sequence required flow from pump before fan would run and boiler would fire, this didn't?

Just been to a 37CDi today, pump was free as a bird, but boiler would go to U6 and then shut down, voltage to pump, but didn't work, 15 mile trip for new pump and everything back to normal,
But, I always thought sequence required flow from pump before fan would run and boiler would fire, this didn't?

It actually says in the manual that the pump is the first in sequence, this is what's confused me as the boiler did fire at one point.

It does throw you a bit, but this would fire and then immediately overheat, no movement of water, had screwdriver on pump trying to listen for movement but nothing.

No flow or pressure sensor in that boiler, what's going to check the pump? The line in the manual is probably a cut and paste from something thirty years old. If the flow NTC senses any change in temp it will fire.

Okay to wrap up this post I ordered a new pump and changed it. Boiler fired up fine. In actual fact I only changed the head.
something to point out though, when I removed the old pump it wasn't seized up and it was getting voltage, I checked the resistance of it which was about 150 ohms (new pump was 180 ohms) so I think resistance was okay. The only thing was that the old pump smelt burnt,shouldn't the resistance of the old pump have been way out. Just not sure what was actually the problem with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bosch rd 532 combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
I got a problem with my boiler,it's got some vibration when it starts to work,it doesn't fire up unless I duck tap and blank half of the air intake,I checked if its enough voltage to the gas valve its 22v dc going from pcb to it exactly what it says on the gas valve,checked fan seams to work k I...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for someone who can please help solve this problem and fix our boiler. Staffs area. CH seems fine. Boiler can be coaxed into full burn with the fan spinning at full speed, so I think everythings fine on the gas/air/flue/condensate side of things. If there is DHW demand on the...
Replies
Views
    • Funny
    • Optimistic
Hi, I've got a ferroli 901 boiler, I initially thought the pcb was at fault so bought a new one and I'm having the same problem ( has been connected correctly), I switch the boiler on, all correct leds light up, pump starts, fan starts, pilot fires up, then it shuts down, all lights go...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock