Search the forum,

Discuss Botched attempt at fixing hole in ceiling from water leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raroberts

Hi,

My shower was leaking and it caused a small hole to appear in my kitchen ceiling. I had a go at fixing it - poorly! I filled it with poly filler, sanded and painted.

Some asbestos was found in my house last month (actually just the garage roof), but I'm now being paranoid where else it may be. I think the kitchen ceiling, where the leak was, is just plasterboard, but any idea on how I tell?

Surrounding area of hole was flat, smooth and grey. Any thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks, Russ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 42
That ceiling looks fine, only artex stipple ceilings contain very small amounts of asbestos.
Whoever found the asbestos in the garage, if it was part of a survey, would of looked everywhere else as well.

They never made ceiling materials out of asbestos. Its usually seals, linings, feed and expansion tanks, lots of pipe insulation...roofs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Botched attempt at fixing hole in ceiling from water leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock