Search the forum,

Discuss Boxing In Mains Gas Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently bought a house with the other half, in the living room the gas main comes in through the front wall then goes down under the floor.
I was hoping to box it in as it is unsightly, is there any reason whybi could not do so, as I am getting conflicting opinions on the matter?
The boxed section would be roughly 55cmx50cmx10cm, was planning to screw some battens to the wall then clad in ply or mdf...

Photos of pipe

20180204_140557.jpg

20180204_140544.jpg

I would box it in using mdf and cup washers and screws so if later on you needed to get at it you could be it's all fine boxing it in

Would not hurt to put a vent in there a soffit vent would do the job your earth tag is connected to the pipe so be aware of that when your boiler is serviced as its part of the gas saftey check if you put the vent near there it should be visable . cheers kop

Silly question where is the gas meter ? on the other side of the wall ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boxing In Mains Gas Pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock