Search the forum,

Discuss Boxing in poor copper pipe work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unregistered

I have had plumbers that has installed surface mounted copper heating pipes in a few houses that are not uniform in each property. They have bends in different places, not uniform distances from the wall, not uniform distances between pipes, solder marks etc. Basically they looked awfull. This has led to me having to box in the pipework to keep the client happy. If I want to recover the extra costs from the plumber are there any industry standards, regulations that he should have adhered to? His arguement is going to be it works, it doesnt matter what it looks like. Any advice would be appreciated.
Mark

Unless you specify set routes and distances for pipes then you have no comeback and if you do that you wont get the plumber. so cost in for boxing in or advise customer it may be required.
Martin

Proffesionalism springs to mind here.

Sounds like the 'plumber' wanted to get his money and run. If the system works, then unfortuately there is nothing much you can do. The only thing you can call him back for is Water Regulations Issues.

Without looking at the job, I cannot comment on how this can be checked.

Where abouts are you?

yeah a think this issue is all about the pride in your work, aslong as the system is runnin correctly then theres not really an issue here. with the lack of proffesionalism it'll jus get passed around from mouth to mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boxing in poor copper pipe work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock