Search the forum,

Discuss Brass antique towel rail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Laides & Gents,

I'm a DIY'er so please excuse any fundemental errors :D

I am considering buy something like this to put in a bathroom.
antique brass towel rail

I'm concerned that the heat output might be too low and also that it may be hard to find adapters/connections to plumb the thing in.

Any experience of advice that could be shared would be grately appreciated.

Cheers

You will need 2 no. Bent/angled radiator valves and maybe 2 no 3/4" to 1/2" brass bushes depending on the towel rail size.

Pretty easy to fit screws to the floor and wall.

As above , but give it a serious flush through before connecting it to your system

Thanks for the tips guys. It would definitely need a good clean up.

Has anyone witnessed what they are like in terms of BTU ? The bathroom space is 4.75msq. I've used those online BTU calculators that suggest I need between 2000-2300 BTU to heat the room properly.

Thanks for the tips guys. It would definitely need a good clean up.

Has anyone witnessed what they are like in terms of BTU ? The bathroom space is 4.75msq. I've used those online BTU calculators that suggest I need between 2000-2300 BTU to heat the room properly.
As soon as you put a couple of towels on it the heat output will be reduced greatly

honest opinion normally fit them and leave an existing rad in the bathroom then your towels are warm and so it the room

Buy a brand new but old style combined towel rail/radiator if you want an all in one towel rail & room heater.
Any towel rail is only poor output, unless oversized & without towels on it.
Do be careful to have a towel rail like in the photo properly balanced, as they are basically just a pipe bypass

Buy a brand new but old style combined towel rail/radiator if you want an all in one towel rail & room heater.
Any towel rail is only poor output, unless oversized & without towels on it.
Do be careful to have a towel rail like in the photo properly balanced, as they are basically just a pipe bypass

I personally fit a straight auto bypass on the return to the circuit normally under the floor with a hatch as normally,

the valves look silly one all the way open and one nearly closed

I personally fit a straight auto bypass on the return to the circuit normally under the floor with a hatch as normally,

the valves look silly one all the way open and one nearly closed

I never thought of how some valves could look!
This reminds me of one customer had a heat exchanger sort of addition to his oil boiler done a few years. He told me some radiators weren't heating properly in bedrooms and the plumbing company he asked about it said his boiler was too small an output and needed the extra addition. I told him that was nonsense and went looking for something bypassing to find a towel rail similar to the one in the OP. Valves fully open. Idiots. :)

I never thought of how some valves could look!
This reminds me of one customer had a heat exchanger sort of addition to his oil boiler done a few years. He told me some radiators weren't heating properly in bedrooms and the plumbing company he asked about it said his boiler was too small an output and needed the extra addition. I told him that was nonsense and went looking for something bypassing to find a towel rail similar to the one in the OP. Valves fully open. Idiots. :)

:D always the simple things

Yes, - but in that job it was the plumbing firm that were a bit simple.:p They made money though, - I didn't charge, so maybe it's me!

But he knows who to call first next time

I have no more favours for him. He is the sort of customer who has plenty of money, but doesn't really care who he gets, so I avoid work from him. Nothing worse than doing good work for someone, to then see other plumbers vans there later

Yes and no

I wouldn't say no work is work but I wouldn't cut any prices just normal

But I can see your point

Yes and no

I wouldn't say no work is work but I wouldn't cut any prices just normal

But I can see your point

Maybe I am being retaliatory with customers like him, but somehow it is very satisfying to let him find that other plumbers that he gets work isn't great.
I sort of look at it that I really should only work for those that appreciate it.

I agree totaly with the comment, only work for those that appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brass antique towel rail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock