Search the forum,

Discuss Brass fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to remove my rad from my bedroom because some numpty that lived in the house before us stood on the radiator while throwing things out of the window and pulled a rad bracket out of the wall.The problem is i have a low lying window ledge and the radiator sits low to the floor so i think getting a bucket in there will be near impossible lol

Thats what your thumbs are for. Close the valves put a couple of rags under the ends, split the nuts and lift it out full of water.
Never had the need for a wet vac in my life and i doubt if i ever will.

Thats what your thumbs are for. Close the valves put a couple of rags under the ends, split the nuts and lift it out full of water.
Never had the need for a wet vac in my life and i doubt if i ever will.

True old school :yes:

Put a new radiator on a combi system the other day and piped it in. Dropped pressure to 0 bar. Removed stop end to start soldering and water just came out loads of it so I'm assuming I didn't create a vacuum. The boiler was a woster botch 24kw small thing don't know the exact model but it was a new one. Does this have an intergated AAV? Explaining why the water was escaping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly. On a combi system though i see no reason not to drain down if not confident. Just bill for redosing inhibitor.....
Can drain and refill in no time:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Job for my father so not charging. Nah no probs draining down and filling is easy there never have any problems with air locks it's a bungalow with surspended timber floor so pipe work just goes down from combi primary's shoot across the bungalow under the floor and rads are just teed off the primary's. I'm just interested to know. That's a shame as I'm not GSR so I can't remove the boiler case to shut the AAV so I have to drain down ha.

Put a new radiator on a combi system the other day and piped it in. Dropped pressure to 0 bar. Removed stop end to start soldering and water just came out loads of it so I'm assuming I didn't create a vacuum. The boiler was a woster botch 24kw small thing don't know the exact model but it was a new one. Does this have an intergated AAV? Explaining why the water was escaping.
Start at the start. Bungs and soldering are a no no. Use the correct materials for the job......in this case compression or dare i say it ..... push fit. Get the connection done quickly and cleanly

Start at the start. Bungs and soldering are a no no. Use the correct materials for the job......in this case compression or dare i say it ..... push fit. Get the connection done quickly and cleanly

No messsing:43:

Sometimes i need a jack under my rse to get me up tho (its an age knees thing which will come to you)

I need to remove my rad from my bedroom because some numpty that lived in the house before us stood on the radiator while throwing things out of the window and pulled a rad bracket out of the wall.The problem is i have a low lying window ledge and the radiator sits low to the floor so i think getting a bucket in there will be near impossible lol

Do what I do to drain rads - wrap a rubble sack around the pipe and undo the nut. Simples

They have an AAV on the pump, turn off the isolators underneath

good idea to keep a paint roller tray in the van for times when the rads are low to the floor and you cant get a tub under the valve. Or place the wet and dry vac nozzle there.

if yu snatch it be sure its the same valve to be on the safe side i use a bung in the tank oulet and a cap on the vent you only need to drain about a gallon of water off then

Valves in boilers tend to be left alone as far as I'm concerned, unless you are looking for the indoor water feature look.

Don't mind me while I bump some threads in the plumbing forum category. This thread might not be a current topic, if it isn't, just let it drop off the list.

If you DO want to reply to it, go ahead, that's fine. Your post might add some value to the thread and help newer members in the future.

Don't mind me while I reply to a few of the threads. We need the new thread pages to be picked up correctly. If this thread isn't current, just visit the plumbing forum and post your own new thread or checkout the other existing threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brass fittings in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock