Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan bar shower. Luke warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi

Newly installed Bristan bar shower, hot comes out lukewarm only.

Have set the cartridge to hottest setting, makes no difference.

In before was a bath shower mixer.

It's a town house, shower on middle floor, cylinder on top floor if it matters.

Is there anything I can do to increase the temperature? It's coming out about 38degrees ish.

Thanks

Different circumstances but I had this with a new Bristan on a combi. Shower was faulty. If hot water hot enough elsewhere and shower suitable for the system it's on it's not impossible it's the shower.

Dirty filters or faulty cartridge, if hard water cartridge may need a de-scale

Had one myself cartridge fecked still under warranty

Its brand new. Gravity hot mains cold.

No idea whats wrong

Stick a pressure reducing valve on the cold if above 2 bar

Was there a shower before did it work ?

It was a bath shower mixer. Worked ok. I have put shower on opposite wall where back of bath was before.

Approx 2.5m extra run of pipe.

You have got the inlets (Hot & Cold) to the shower valve the right way round

Thanks for the replies so far. Troubleshooting says pretty much what everyone here has said.

I spoke to bristan who told me to do everything which i have already done.

Im back there saturday so will have another look.

All flushed through properly, adjusted temp at cartridge. Bristan have said if i go through everything in mi's then possibly faulty shower.

Will update over the weekend. Thanks

The Frenzy hates gravity hot and mains cold but if you are within the 5:1 pressure ratio just get Bristan out. They will fix it for you.

I'll have to wait and see what happens on Saturday. I don't really want to have to get Bristan out on a brand new install, won't look good to the customer.

I'll check the filters and flush through again and go from there.

Take the valve off and connect a washing machine hose to the hot supply
If the feeds are the right way around, the pressures are within tolerances and the hot runs hot it's the valve
Don't think everything is your fault and let the customer know it's not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bristan bar shower. Luke warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock