Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kerry85

So...
I did the passed the online test and booked in for the telephone interview this morning. Seemed fine, then she phoned back straight away and said the manager is really impressed with me and wants to book me in for the assessment day straight away. Which is in May. Just wondering if anyone has gone through one of these recently so i know what to expect. Soooo excited :D

How did the telephone interview go?? What sort of questions did they ask?? was it intense?? please let me know as i have one this friday and i'm bricking it...

Ha, well i booked it online last week and on the BG website it said it takes an hour. So i read what other people had written online and they said stuff like what goals have you achieved etc, so i was well nervous. I woke up at stupid oclock this morning to quickly jot down answers incase i went blank or something and i was actually pooping myself. Turns out its 10 minutes of them asking if your able to produce your certificates at the interview, ok to stay away from home from training. And thats all. Thats literally it. Theres no need for nerves at all. She basically said its just a quick confirmation before they pass your app form onto the next person. And then like 5 minutes later she called back and said her manager had just come over and said they wanted to book me in straight away, as opposed to waiting a week or so i guess? Anyway, hope thats put your mind at ease and good luck!!!

that doesn't sound too bad at all!! I've been crapping my pants all week!! Cheers for info. dude!!

I did one about a year ago, not too bad. Had to do all the basics like a tightness test, gas rate etc. Visual inspections of installs, picking up any faults you can see. Had to find the fault on a boiler, give a boiler a service. The fella was nice enough who was watching me, once he had asked me a few questions to see if I knew what I was talking about he was really nice and spent the rest of the time talking about football whilst I got on with the job.

what was the actual position you were applying for?? I'm applying for trainee repair and service technician. Would i have to do the same tests as you did?? cheers.

I don't think you have to do what 'mfgs' says, for a trainee position.

From previous experience an assessment centre usually involves group exercises/role playing, interviews, ability tests, colour blindness test.

Good Luck.

Oh yeah, sorry i forgot to say it was for an apprentice service and repair engineer. I wouldnt have thought they test me on all that cos obviously theyre going to be teaching me that if im successful. Im expecting a day of group stuff, apparently we have to do roleplays etc. I hate doing stuff like that infront of a room full of people, especially cos ill probably be the only chick :-(

Last edited by a moderator:
Didnt realise you were applying for an apprenticeship, ignore my other post as they wont make you do that. If you are going to the Dartford academy I doubt you will be the only girl either, I've always seen a fair few whenever I've been down there.

Hey Kerry you've got a week of camping or something like that to do as well, to help with team bonding as well, if your successful.

no, you don't have to pay them 16,000. They have abandoned that silly requirement thank god.

I also hate roleplays, if and when you do it kerry PLEASE post what was involved and how it went :)

Hi Kerry where did you see the trainee post advertised? It's the sort of thing i'd be interested in doing when i leave the army if i m unable to get taken on by someone else.

I just keep checking the BG website to see if theyre recruiting in my area. The website is a bit tricky to use though. When you apply you have to take online tests. Ive not got my interview until the beginning of May so ive got plenty of time to get nervous. Yay!

I just keep checking the BG website to see if theyre recruiting in my area. The website is a bit tricky to use though. When you apply you have to take online tests. Ive not got my interview until the beginning of May so ive got plenty of time to get nervous. Yay!

Good luck! Where abouts in kent are you?

yeah, just had my telephone interview FAR too easy, i was expecting more of a challenge so i could show off how much research i had put into the company but never mind eh? I could of passed it with a ten pint hang over but oh well, good luck!!

yeah, just had my telephone interview FAR too easy, i was expecting more of a challenge so i could show off how much research i had put into the company but never mind eh? I could of passed it with a ten pint hang over but oh well, good luck!!

That's because it's not an interview, the recruiter is just reading legal statements, informing you of the role and giving you the opportunity to ask any questions. You've already been alocated an interview which you would have been told of at the end.

Next up is the interview which lasts about 2 hours and is done on a 1 to 1 basis. You'll be asked questions, do a role play and a practical test. This is what happened to me in the last month before I was offered the same position as you. Start in June.

Good luck.

Ah ok,

1.What sort of questions did they ask?
2.What was the role play scenario?
3.What did the practical test involve?
4.Did you really have to sell yourself?
5.Was any of it difficult? Require prep work?
6.ANY POINTERS TO ENSURE SUCEEDING???

Please answer these for me as i would be extremely grateful

Many Thanks.

im going tomorrow for my interview, i'll let u know how i get on, heard you have an interview, an electrical test using small tools and a role play exercise where u have to pretend to sell the interviewer a boiler.. im looking forward to it!

good luck!! I hope it goes well for you!! Also, how long was it from having the telephone interview to get to the stage your at tomorrow??

i applied online begining of march, got a phone call couple days later, so not long at all..

hi i did my interview they just run through some questions on how u have dealt with situations in the past. the roleplaying: the interviewer pretends to be an unhappy customer. the practical u gotta wire up a motor and take a reading from a multimeter they give you instructions so dont worry

i enjoyed the interview and role play but didnt manage to finish the electrical test which im gutted about. really nice n relaxed atmosphere u got given some pre set questions like, working in a team, the advantages and disadvantages of working alone, describe a situation when uve planned and managed something and its gone well. describe a situation when being in a group has not gone according to plan,, how did u feel, etc. the electrical test involved stripping wires n screwing them in connectors, they test how well u work under pressure so if uve only a few mins left stay calm and carry on. the role play make sure you smile and greet the customer when u walk in and be apologetic and sympathetic, read the cards ur given a couple of times.. hope this helps.. good luck!

thanks for the info!! If you remember anything else please give us an update!! Good Luck!!

they ask u to tell about urself, why ur there, wot u think BG can offer u, wot u can offer it. ,, i'll let u know how i get on.

thanks for the info!! If you remember anything else please give us an update!! Good Luck!!

make sure ur organised grab a folder and put all ur paper work in it so u look organised it looks good. ps wat job have you applied for and where

i've applied for trainee service and repair technician in bristol. You?

same position but north london. where you hoping to dothe training? im in dartford

i live in bristol so wherever is closest.

After your telephone interview how long was it before they got in contact with you to arrange your proper interview??

it wasnt too long i think they arranged it over the phone interview

I didn't have that luxury, i hope thats not bad news for me, u got me slightly worried..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas Assessment day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock