Search the forum,

Discuss british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
525 views and over 80 replies. Wow. I'm not great b.g fan. They stitched me up years ago and never forgiven. However. If this thread hadn't contained b.g in the opening post it would've received half a dozen usual responses of "get the installer back". End of. There's not much more to say really.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure you are a very good and conscientious employee Stephen but you know yourself what some of your colleagues and even management are like. Some ITL's and SM's only get the promotion because they are better at brown nosing and paperwork that they ever were at their job.
Keep fighting the fight mate.

Actually, she asked me why I had taken it out, I think she thought I didn't know what I was doing at first lol.

The catchment space was literally a foot deep with soot and twigs.

I can tell from your posts (Tom and Doodle) that you obviously take your work seriously and don't cut corners, but its pretty obvious that many of your colleagues do.

We could say that about any firm though TB. BG get put in the spotlight as they are one of the big players in all of this and their mistakes get blown up massively compared to other firms.
Weve all seen bad install/services/repairs by all sorts of firms big and small, but only the BG ones seem to get reported on.

We could say that about any firm though TB. BG get put in the spotlight as they are one of the big players in all of this and their mistakes get blown up massively compared to other firms.
Weve all seen bad install/services/repairs by all sorts of firms big and small, but only the BG ones seem to get reported on.

Yes, and its because they charge over the odds and market themselves as "the gas board".

If joe bloggs does a bad job, it's cos he's crap/lazy, and he'll get a bad rep and eventually fold. If British gas do a bad job, their rep doesn't take a dent, and they can happily continue charging over the odds and offering bad advice on power flushes.

I genuinely believe workers like yourself and doodlebug are in the minority within BG.

So in the TV commercial where all those engineers have big heads on wee bodies get fired out at light speed in their vans must have ended up in the Milky Way instead of the OP's house.

So in the TV commercial where all those engineers have big heads on wee bodies get fired out at light speed in their vans must have ended up in the Milky Way instead of the OP's house.

I auditioned for the advert, was so funny, shame I didn't get the part. lol

I heard it was a random draw

When I went to the extraordinary event for the new uniform, me and a couple of other lads auditioned for it just for fun, didn't expect to get the part and didn't. Lol

Not the minority mate, I've never met a bad BG bloke to be fair. Some don't really talk to me as I'm a contractor but that's up to them. But when I'm stuck and I need one of their lads round they have been more than helpful and showed me things that I never knew.

Bad engineers don't last two minutes at BG mate, I've seen it happen. Leaks on jobs are par for the course really. I've done jobs and he to go back ask haven't tightened up a nut fully. Ok there or full blown house damaging leaks, but I've done it, I'm human, but I've been back fixed it, apologised and all is good.

I serviced a customers boiler about 2 months ago and to reach the boiler which was up high above washing machine, I supported myself off the ladders by putting my foot on the washing machine. I got called back, customer said "washing machine hasn't worked since I left" I immediately knew I must have been to blame, apologised and told her to get a quote for repair and phone me. She phoned me next day (on my rest day) to say the washing machine needed a pcb and would cost ÂŁ400, I contacted my manager who reimbursed the customer all costs. Now this is what should happen when we get it wrong, were all human and mistakes do happen, if anyone on here states they have never cocked up, then I applaud them.

When I went to the extraordinary event for the new uniform, me and a couple of other lads auditioned for it just for fun, didn't expect to get the part and didn't. Lol

it was probably that wig you had on

just got boiler and fire service job, cos cust has to ring bg to come and do the work and they turn up 6 months later, so job done every 18 months not 12 so ends up paying for the years that no service done
nice :yes:

Yeah, they make quality products. Not cheap though.

Our last washing machine lasted a week out of the warranty period and the engineer who came round to fix it, basically said, it's not economically worth repairing it. Can't remember what was wrong, but I had tried repairing it myself to no avail. So binned it, and bought another one from Curries. This one is now a month or two outside of the warranty period. So I'll probably need a new one soon. First one was Indesit, new one is Whirlpool I think. ÂŁ320 if memory serves me right. I don't use the thing, not my domain.

I serviced a customers boiler about 2 months ago and to reach the boiler which was up high above washing machine, I supported myself off the ladders by putting my foot on the washing machine. I got called back, customer said "washing machine hasn't worked since I left" I immediately knew I must have been to blame, apologised and told her to get a quote for repair and phone me. She phoned me next day (on my rest day) to say the washing machine needed a pcb and would cost ÂŁ400, I contacted my manager who reimbursed the customer all costs. Now this is what should happen when we get it wrong, were all human and mistakes do happen, if anyone on here states they have never cocked up, then I applaud them.

You were stupidly gullible on this occasion.

Yeah, they make quality products. Not cheap though.

Our last washing machine lasted a week out of the warranty period and the engineer who came round to fix it, basically said, it's not economically worth repairing it. Can't remember what was wrong, but I had tried repairing it myself to no avail. So binned it, and bought another one from Curries. This one is now a month or two outside of the warranty period. So I'll probably need a new one soon. First one was Indesit, new one is Whirlpool I think. ÂŁ320 if memory serves me right. I don't use the thing, not my domain.

At least they can be bought for a days wage these days. My mum said their first washer cost almost a months wages, but lasted 25 years lol.

I remember as a lad (in the 60's ) my ma had a radiogram (a big teak wireless) that still had the price on the inside if the door. 87 guineas (ÂŁ91.35) for a wireless in 1960?

the big white thing with a door that washes closes in the kitchen is a total mystery to me,its a bosch and just like its wall hung version has lots of plastic bits and a blue light

You were stupidly gullible on this occasion.
I wasn't gullible mate, it was obvious that I'd damaged it, either that or a coincidence and the customer can't lie as to how much the repair was, as British Gas will want a receipt for the part used and the work carried out. One thing I did learn from this experience, was that if a washing machine is in your way, move it and advise the customer that in order to work on the boiler in future, the washing machine will have to be moved for access or a unit built over it.

I wasn't gullible mate, it was obvious that I'd damaged it, either that or a coincidence and the customer can't lie as to how much the repair was, as British Gas will want a receipt for the part used and the work carried out. One thing I did learn from this experience, was that if a washing machine is in your way, move it and advise the customer that in order to work on the boiler in future, the washing machine will have to be moved for access or a unit built over it.
i bet it was knackered before you started stitched up springs to mind,you move it and it leaks thats also your fault i cant see how by standing on it you can make the pcb fail sorry but thats not washing with me i would have disputed that claim

Last edited by a moderator:

move it and rip lino so stitched any hows

i bet it was knackered before you started stitched up springs to mind,you move it and it leaks thats also your fault i cant see how by standing on it you can make the pcb fail sorry but thats not washing with me i would have disputed that claim
me neither

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to british gas work good or bad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock