Search the forum,

Discuss Broken Heating Return tap or user error? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all

Trying to repressure my combi boiler / heating system with a filling loop.

When I turn off the tap on my Heating Return (B) and remove the blanking plate, I'm getting a lot of water (clean water) pouring out of it, several litres before I gave up. Is the tap / valve broke? Or am I doing something wrong?

I haven't had any problems with the Cold Water Inlet one next top it (A).

Am I correct in thinking that once I have shut off both of those taps, both pipes should be dry / closed for me to fit the filling loop?

Just trying to work out if something is broke or if I'm doing something wrong. Any help is really appreciated.

It's a Baxi Combi 105 HE. Photo below.

Cheers
Plunger

24lsp3c.jpg

Yes that is correct the valves are in the open position in the picture , often the black handles turn giving the impression of being closed but remain open take a small Phillips screw driver remove the screw holding the handles onto the valves pull the handles off use a small ajustable spanner to turn the valve spindle untill cross ways you can then remove the caps and add the filling loop. Repeat the procees in reverse . cheers kop

You may still get the water come from the boiler so place a bowl and cloth over the cap as you remove it , you will need these parts as in the picture or fit a external filling loop. Kop

Screenshot_2018-01-28-15-52-25.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Broken Heating Return tap or user error? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm hoping someone here may be able to help me out with an issue I have with my baxi duotec boiler. Basically, the hot water temperature has been fluctuating quite alot, dropping in temp then raising again whilst showering. I have had an engineer out who has changed the thermistor, but I am...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return temperature to the boiler are less than 55 degrees to ensure condensing is occurring. But in the service menu it only shows the primary heat exchanger...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am probably being unduly paranoid here but I noticed under our kitchen sink that there is some corrosion evident on a small section of copper pipe between compression fittings on the hot water feed. There are take offs for an outside hot and cold tap together with isolation valves and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock