Search the forum,

Discuss Broken sink exit pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

See attached pics of this cistern

this is a VP slimline concealed cistern

can you please tell me what I have here . . .
The part that has come apart does not look like the coupling parts in the VP 'how to fit' pdf file. I would much appreciate advice on how I get the current plastic ring off to fit a new flush pipe with (probably?) new rubber washer, plastic washer, back nut, sealed washer and coupling nut

Attachments

• IMG_3819_001.jpg
    IMG_3819_001.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3820_001.jpg
    IMG_3820_001.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 12
Undo the white ring on the Cistern should undo so you have it in your hand also an oring / washer also

Put the ring on the flush pipe then the oring / washer last push flush pipe into the cistern hole normally unit it hits the stops or has a fall on it back to the pan to drain any water left

Then push the washer / oring up and tighten the ring onto the cistern

Undo the white ring on the Cistern should undo so you have it in your hand also an oring / washer also

Put the ring on the flush pipe then the oring / washer last push flush pipe into the cistern hole normally unit it hits the stops or has a fall on it back to the pan to drain any water left

Then push the washer / oring up and tighten the ring onto the cistern
Thanks for the reply . . that white plastic dome (cover?) won't budge, what is it, what does it do, is it glued on?

Yes It will undo it holds the flush pipe washer on get a set of washing up gloves eg the yellow ones and you should be able to undo

Old skool low level flush pipe is 1 1/2” both ends (38mm).

However lots of modern concealed cisterns use wider bore at the cistern end.

50mm/51mm cistern end, 40mm/38mm pan end.

I would replace the flush pipe seal at the same time as the pipe, just make sure the internal size of the flush seal matches the flush pipe size.

So you need a 50mm flush pipe, to either 40mm or 38mm - and the matching flush pipe seal and all will be well!

Old skool low level flush pipe is 1 1/2” both ends (38mm).

However lots of modern concealed cisterns use wider bore at the cistern end.

50mm/51mm cistern end, 40mm/38mm pan end.

I would replace the flush pipe seal at the same time as the pipe, just make sure the internal size of the flush seal matches the flush pipe size.

So you need a 50mm flush pipe, to either 40mm or 38mm - and the matching flush pipe seal and all will be well!
thanks for the helpful reply

Reply to Broken sink exit pipe in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
I have fitted this brass float valve to my toilet cistern. Obviously the inlet is the same level as the overflow pipe so it needs to be water tight. The inlet pipe is not flexible and enters the cistern at a slight angle to the side of the cistern, the washer I used is not squishy. The result...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Bit of advice needed. Waste water pipe from bathroom sink came loose last night caused some water damage to ceiling below. My question is the brown pipe seems to have came loose, but seems to have just been pushed into thread above.There is nothing holding it in place, is this...
Replies
Views
Hi - I've replaced the service valve on the water feed to my toilet. It's screwed on fine on the bottom but the top connection to the nylon fitting doesn't screw on. If I remove the plastic washer it will screw on but it doesn't seal. It won't even fit on with the old washer, which is flattened...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock