Search the forum,

Discuss Brookhouse training centre in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
currently working as a gas engineer but in the leisure industry so only have a acop none gas safe. I've been doing it 4 years so have some general knowledge also I have been doing what I'd think of basic plumbing i.e. Changing shower units, taps, pipe work etc. I come from Wakefield originally and am moving back there in November and want to gain more qualifications to have a wider range of jobs to apply for. I looked at brookhouse but say it has been going 15 years there isn't much outsider information on the place and what is out there is very mixed. Anyone have any information about the multi skilled engineering course they do before I pay if it is good or not and will it help me. If not is there anything else. I'm 32 coming back to no job at this moment and a college course is years with no income so I don't see that fit for me personally. Please help!!!!

I am aware that Brookhouse do several courses, but sorry I have no experience of the courses on offer , however I have done my last 2 ASC's there and can only say its a very professional set up .

Hi Rob,

Did you decide to go with the course?
I have been looking at doing a course in gas or plumbing for about 5 years but constantly putting it off. I have now handed my notice in at work and have enough cash saved up to do the course as advertised.
I'm 37!
So just wondered if you did or are doing the course and what you feel about it.

Hi there, I am planning on doing the course still I am off to meet the people and see the place soon as I am back in U.K. As I don't finish work till November. I will keep you up to date if I go before and if you can do same that would be great

Thanks Robert.
My timescale is similar to yourself and having spoken to a gent from Brookhouse, he suggest there will be a course running from December the 4th which is the one I'm currently eyeing.
My main concern though is finding work after I have qualified. I understand I need the experience to go with the qualifications, and I'm willing to put the hard slog in. I just don't want this to be a false dawn of going through with it, and the expense only to find I'm no better off than having gone to college.

Yeah looks like you will be on the one before as I have had a holiday booked in December since beginning of the year. Sounds like it's possible to get work off the portfolio that's something I'd be aiming to do as probably yourself. I've only done phone calls with the company as of yet going to see them face to face and check the facility's out. You done that yet? Keep me posted anyway. It's never too late just have to put all you have into it work wise like you say. I have a bit of a background with gas and plumbing but be a lot of new for me too. You done anything in the past work wise that could help manual work etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Brookhouse training centre in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock