Search the forum,

Discuss can anyone identify the manufacturer of this radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
This radiator style was used in my house 15 years ago, i need to replace one and would like to do like for like. I don't know who the manufacturer is. it is quite distinct in that the bleed valve is on the back of the panel rather than the side...
thanks
Andrew
upload_2017-9-29_11-28-48.png

Just realised where I have seen them , sorry dont know manufacturer but Stax Trade Warehouses sell them .

Looks very like an old Veha radiator, I think, but they had each set of fins on back of both panels, (wall brackets fit to the rear fins) making them odd to look at on side view.
Although old Barlo/Quinn rads were very similar. All had bleed screws on inside panels faces.
Definitely not a Myson rad. The top round part of the water channels is more square in Myson rads and Myson vents are on end corners, to the right.
If you want a similar rad, try measuring the old rad or the pipes centre to centres and see if Myson round top will be close. If new rad is a couple inch or less narrower, you could use longer rad valve tails, perhaps replace the lockshield valve for 15mm tail type. Myson round top come in imperial sizes of increasing lengths in 4" - so say the 21" or 25" or 29" or 33" might be in your range. Actual length will be slightly longer by about 1/2".
It might be possible to also get metric sizes in same Myson round tops. Plumb Center do Myson

Looks very like an old Veha radiator, I think, but they had each set of fins on back of both panels, (wall brackets fit to the rear fins) making them odd to look at on side view.
Although old Barlo/Quinn rads were very similar. All had bleed screws on inside panels faces.
Definitely not a Myson rad. The top round part of the water channels is more square in Myson rads and Myson vents are on end corners, to the right.
If you want a similar rad, try measuring the old rad or the pipes centre to centres and see if Myson round top will be close. If new rad is a couple inch or less narrower, you could use longer rad valve tails, perhaps replace the lockshield valve for 15mm tail type. Myson round top come in imperial sizes of increasing lengths in 4" - so say the 21" or 25" or 29" or 33" might be in your range. Actual length will be slightly longer by about 1/2".
It might be possible to also get metric sizes in same Myson round tops. Plumb Center do Myson
thanks for this comprehensive reply. i decided to go for a new 'Barlo', it is different but should be ok. Had sign off from the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can anyone identify the manufacturer of this radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking to add some radiators into my property and ideally looking to match the style of the existing ones. I cannot seem to find anything online to match. I assume this style of radiator is no longer manufactured, but I might be able to pick one up second hand. Can anyone help me...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Hi, Can someone help identify this bathtub please as I need to replace the side and back panel but can't find what it is. I know it's a P Shape but all the ones I have seen have the taps at the end of the bath and not on the side like this one, also the dimension of the bath tub is standard...
Replies
Views
Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock