Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone think of a use of a steam cleaner in plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Perhaps before resealing a bath or shower? Making a new bathroom install sparkle before completion?

Basically I think they are neat and want an excuse to buy one beyond mere gadget lust.

Not a steam cleaner, but I know of someone who convinced themselves of buying a drone to look at roofs - for problems at ground level.

Used it once, crashed it into a chimney while looking at the flashing, and had to get up on the roof and retrieve because it was knackered.

Expensive investment for not even one job

Not a steam cleaner, but I know of someone who convinced themselves of buying a drone to look at roofs - for problems at ground level.

Used it once, crashed it into a chimney while looking at the flashing, and had to get up on the roof and retrieve because it was knackered.

Expensive investment for not even one job

Brilliant !
When they invent one that can do gutter caulkings or flash chimneys I might consider it myself.

Steam cleaners though ............. Van engine ?

Other than cleaning kitchen appliances before you can bring yourself to touch them, no.

Screwfix special offer. Just gave it a whirl. It's basically about 20% easier than using a mop or a brush but it sounds cool and comes with attachments so I'm 100% pleased.

I'm so said the first thing I check online in a morning is Screwfix deal of the day, as soon as I saw the thread title I though I bet that's it.

So its useful?

I wonder if it will clean my van drivers seat, its so heavily soiled the black dirt is shiny.

Where's Adam when your u need him, he's got the answers to life, and the universe.

Where's Adam when your u need him, he's got the answers to life, and the universe.

No. No he doesn't. What he does have is an unnatural drinking habit that allows him to see purple squiggly things crawling out of the walls......

No. No he doesn't. What he does have is an unnatural drinking habit that allows him to see purple squiggly things crawling out of the walls......

In that case if /when you return to Guildford can you please forget to tell him or make sure he sits in a corner on his own!

I'm sure I heard it's good for lose in tiles adhesive when re-tilling. Also good for cleaning van seats and carpets when you spill sludge when carrying a big rad. I used mine loads at first but as most things, novelty wears off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone think of a use of a steam cleaner in plumbing? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock