Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Can I get a universal cannister for a dual flush system? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. berks1234

berks1234 Member

Hi,

I have a friend that has a problem with their dual flush unit. I have taken the cannister out and it looks like it has completely gone.

But the bottom part is still in the Cistern and that appears to be ok.

The problem is that I don't know the make or model or unit, and I would rather not have to take the Cistern off and replace everything.

So I wanted to know if you can just replace the cannisters, or do you have to re-fit the entire part dual flush unit.

Thanks

2. sammathias

sammathias GSR

Post a picture of the part and could tell you the make?

3. berks1234

berks1234 Member

Hi, this is the unit.

IMG_0216.jpg

4. sammathias

sammathias GSR

That is a roca dual flush syphon.

5. sammathias

sammathias GSR

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. berks1234

berks1234 Member

Hi Sammathias,

Well spotted I am impressed.

I would rather just change the whole unit and click it back in place.

But they appear to be expensive and she might need a new lid button too.

The cheapest Roca that I can find is around £30, compared to a Fluidmaster Dual Flush for £11.99 Screwfix.

The washer is the cheapest option but the unit has seen better days.

What do you suggest?

Thanks

7. sammathias

sammathias GSR

I would personally get a like for like replacement. If you take the cistern off to replace the whole thing you would also need to replace the doughnut washer (close coupled toilet) however the part you have seems like the old type so you may need to get the complete set including the button.

You could go down the fluidmaster route...but the outlet is only 1" 1/2 on them (a washer makes it compatible with a 2"outlet. You would then need a different doughnut washer to suit.

• Like Like x 1
  8. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. berks1234

berks1234 Member

Hi, I had a change of mind and ordered a new seal like you said.

Shes not keeping the toilet for long so I will see if this fixes the issue, or else I will have to fit a new unit.

I think this might be the same unit if I have to order one. Roca D1D Old Style Dual Flush Toilet Valve AH0003600R

But all the sourcing of old parts and waiting on the delivery is adding to time she's without a working toilet.

Which makes me think it may be easier to just pick up purchase the Fluidmaster Push Button Cable Dual-Flush Valve and fit that for her. Because the unit comes with the push button too, and her one doesn't appear to be working that well either.

I will fit the washer when it arrives est 2-3days and see if that fixes the issue with the flush valve.

And it doesn't then I will have to decide whether it is worth sourcing an old Roca, or just spending a bit more time on it by removing the Cistern and fitting the Fluidmaster to get the job done.

Thanks

10. berks1234

berks1234 Member

Hi Sammathias,

Thanks for the reply.

Shes not keeping the toilet for long and I have just worked out that the Roca parts (Flush Valve, Push Button Kit) would cost around £49 inc delivery. Compared to £11.99 for the Fluidmaster.

I've ordered a seal for the Roca and I will see if that resolves the issue first.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  11. berks1234

berks1234 Member

Thanks guys.

I changed the seal, played about with the unit and managed to get it working again.

It's not great but it appears to be doing the job ok and the toilet is working.

• Like Like x 1