Search the forum,

Discuss Can you anyone tell me what fittings these are? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
1.5" solvent weld plastic comes through wall from kitchen sink and down into this.

Needs repiping due to bad joint. Would ideally like to pipe down as low as I can go without disturbing the bits actually in the floor but don't recognise the fittings below the coupler. Couldn't even feel certain it was plastic at the bottom just from looking and touching. What am I dealing with here?

Thanks

14acs5y.jpg

242tvu9.jpg

15p1iy1.jpg

Iron / steel pipe in the floor

Depends how brace you feel

Two options

Replace as existing converting from threaded to plastic via a female iron

Or

Option two undo the piece out of the tee and use a male iron straight into the tee

Ignore that second opinion

As it looks like they've broken / cut the steel pipe flush and jammed some 11/4 in :D

So only option is to dig down and fernco a joint on the horizontal steel pipe and replace in plastic

could try and cut the male thread in the tee from the inside and peel it away but that depends how solid it is

Cut it all out heat up the threaded stub and remove with stillsons, you can buy a 11/4BSP to 32mm solvent weld adaptor increase in size if needed to get you away from the iron swept tee then repipe as necessary . cheers kop

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you anyone tell me what fittings these are? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock