Search the forum,

Discuss Can't unscrew pressure relief valve prv, combi boiler, please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pad04

Hello there, would be very grateful to get some help on my copper pipe dilemma.

With reference to the attached image, when unscrewing the valve (to be replaced with a new non-leaking one), the male pipe (on the right hand side) it is screwed on to rotates as well as if the two are stuck together.

There is some sort of sediment in the fine crack between the two which I have tried to scrape out, however this doesn't seem to be helping.

Would be great to know if there is another way of going about this, especially as its the only thing getting in the way of installing a new valve and having a boiler that doesn't lose pressure!

Any questions, please ask. Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 57
are you gas safe reg?

I doubt it too.

What you're doing is illegal. Call a gsr in because you're more than likely barking up the wrong tree anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can't unscrew pressure relief valve prv, combi boiler, please help! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock