Search the forum,

Discuss career change dilemma in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oldplumbers

Hi all,
I have just received a brochure from a training establishment called MET-UK., offering intensive plubing,gas and domestic electrical installation courses,The plumbing courses offers the following:City&Guilds(6089) NVQ level2,plumbing City& Guilds (6129) plumbing tech certificate level 3 bpec unvented hot water,bpec level 3 water regs,bpec level 3part p- defined scope electrical-all this in a 10 week program with 4 weeks work placement-about 5 grand.The other courses offer gas CEN1,CCN1,HTR1,Domestic Electrical Installation,City& Guilds2382,C&G 2391-10,bpec level 3 part p -a scope,C&G 2377-002bpec level 3 part p-b&c scope.From what I have read so on the forums all these courses would appear to be a waste of time and money going by the threads I have read so far.I would welcome as much feedback as possible before I part with my hard earned cash,too old at 50 for a change????

too good to be true they are offering you the world but you will not get it the nvq is assessed when you are working about 6 to 8 months this will cost you extra you will find it hard to get a job from this course alone unless you are thinking of going self employed but at this time with so many people on these courses and all wanting jobs or going self employed the market is flooded there are tilers now taking 2 week courses to fit bathrooms to top up there wages but undercutting the plumbing prices so its getting harder to make a living, there are more new plumbing company's opening up every month but there are a lot that are failing and getting in to debt but thats the risk you take

as for the gas courses you need to work with a corgi engineer and have at 60 hours or more signed off by him they don't tell you that bit

Hi,
thanks for the quick reply,they have invited me to an open day this wend-I shall put these points across and see what response I get-many thanks indeed.
Regards,
Oldplumbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to career change dilemma in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock