Search the forum,

Discuss Cellar conversion - digged and found this manhole , anyone knows what is it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sebas

I am doing a DIY project and trying to convert the under hallway cellar of a typical Victorian terraced house. I started digging the floor to increased the head height and found a manhole which seems to be from the sewage drainage, but to be honest I don't know. It has three pipes coming into the iron box, all of them blocked with Iron stoppers - old very old.

Anybody knows what is this and if it can be removed? or if is connected to the sewage and I can then install washing machine, toilet in the cellar?

Attachments

• IMG_9895.JPG
    IMG_9895.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9896.JPG
    IMG_9896.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 64
well that is interesting! I am sure someone will be along here soon to help you out :) I am interested myself to know what it is!

LOOKS LIKE A MANHOLE WITH AN INTERCEPTOR TRAP HARD TO SEE FROM PICS IT MAY OF HAD A NEW DRAIN RUN AND THIS IS NOW UNUSED AS WE CAN SEE.

thank you pete, so you think I should try to take out the plugs to check if still connected to drains or is there risk that still in use and waste water come out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cellar conversion - digged and found this manhole , anyone knows what is it? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock