Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating pressure too high? 2 bar cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a homeowner who lives in a new build. We’ve had 53 (yes 53 visits) to remedy our issues. We’ve had the majority of rads replaced with shovels as the house was Freezing. It is a 4 bed with 2 zones plus water. The rad on zone one (just living room) only works properly if the water is off. It was plumbed incorrectly in the first place (flow and return wrong way around!). Long story short, the installation company’s (should be incompetent company) answer was to whack the pump up to max and the pressure up to 2 bar (cold). Not only does the rad not work properly, but it is very loud. In your expert opinions, is this a correct setup or are they masking a more serious issue? Thanks in advance.

Almost certainly not right some pictures of your system will help diagnose your problem cheers kop

53 visits (assuming from same installer/builders) has given them enough chances. Time to get serious, get it professionally surveyed, fixed independently and then sue.

Thats a tricky one to answer on here .

Seriously sack the competent company and get a professional in .

Were they builders or plumbers? Sounds like a piping issue. Are all valves and pump visible pics might help us out

Thanks everyone for the responses. It was installed by Whites of Worcester. We've had Kingspan (cylinder), Ideal (boiler - replaced), Eclipse of Wolverhampton (independent assessor - v knowledgable ), the designer of the system (v knowledgeable) and Whites (absolutely useless - just trying to do everything as cheap as poss - although the engineer was a good bloke - the owner was an absolute wan&er - Nigel White for ref - said there was nothing wrong with it despite witnessing the issues with his own eyes) out to change/test the equip. It's been re-plumbed twice (2 holes in floorboards in new house - thanks Taylor Wimpey), electrics re-wired thrice, thermostats replaced, controllers replaced, pumps replaced ( x3). Not much left to replace really!! AND IT'S STILL NOT WORKING. Eclipse know the problem (it needs ripping out but TW ignore their advice). To make it worse, we have a kettling noise in the cylinder, the rad in the living room zone doesn't work properly when the HW is on and the boiler continually goes on and off (all the time - 60 secs on, dissipate heat 60 secs, then on again). I've lost my initial thread now, but what do people think of this???!!!

I think you can continue to vent here or actually do something about it, enough chances. Get a truly independent in, survey + engineer, get it fixed at your expense and then sue for your money back. I assume 50+ visits has taken place over many months if not years and if you have a case no judge in there right mind will find against you.

Do you have documentation to back all this up?
If so just send a recorded delivery letter to them stating that they have 14 days to correct the issues or you will have the works corrected at their expense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating pressure too high? 2 bar cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. A couple of things. 1 am I better fabricating bends in 14 mm copper for my ch or are 90 degree elbows fine, ref flow, friction ect. 2 my ch boiler, non condensing is playing up, I can get hot water, but when heating is on pipes only get hot for 1st mtre or so? I can hear feel the...
Replies
Views
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got warm, replaced the combi boiler this year as it was loud and leaking (its in the loft which has been converted into a room). Since turning the heating...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock