Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating - Pulling my hair out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

onlywilf

Hi guys,

hope you can help clear up this issue with my central heating as it is driving me bonkers.
Ideal Isar, probably been in 13yrs with no issues, ever.

I've an open planned front room with stairs, so in March I had a 600x600 rad installed at the top of my stairs to rid the unwanted draft coming down the stairs. Hot air rises and pushes cold air down. This worked great. Heating wireless thermo turned off for the summer months.

Turned back on mid Oct.
However, when the heating timer finishes the rads upstairs continue to pump out heat and downstairs cool down. Eventually, upstairs is a sauna much to the delight of the wife.

Upstairs rads are first on the circuit from the boiler.

The installer came back and thought it may be an issue with the wireless Celect thermo so turned it off. Still same issue for a week. He scratched his chin and gave up.

I've since contacted another qualified engineer, he suggested replacing the diverter valve cartridge.
£110 later and the issue is exactly the same. I'm waking up through the night sweating buckets.
This week, the shower water heat is playing up, hot and cold when running, not pleasant.

I've bled all the rads numerous times.
I'm now turning boiler off overnight, i cant afford the heating bill.
Pressure keeps dropping on boiler, 0.5 to 1 bar.
All rads are the same and installed at same time 10yrs ago when bought the house.
help!!

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a theory and it's in the boiler so you will need a gas Safe engineer to take a look. Just not the one you had last time

As it's in the boiler it can't be discussed unfortunately as we won't give DIY gas repairs. As I said you will need a gas Safe engineer

hi guys, i'm definately not wanting to do anything myself, I wouldnt know where to start or want to try. I just like to research things so i know what people are talking about. i.e possible things you suspect could be the issue. thanks

Feel free to put an ad here.. [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

No DIY boiler repair advice is offered on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating - Pulling my hair out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
I thought I'd create a master thread to move all of these similar threads into, over time like. If your central heating doesn't work boiler doesn't work radiators not working radiators or heating system is cold thermostat wont work or respond Then post a reply in this thread. Rather than us...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not heat up unless the surrounding radiators are shut off. I have tried turning the surrounding radiators down but the have to be completely or very...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock