Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over the last 18 months ive fitted a fee CBS pumps ive got from ebay!! Now tonight ive been out to cold central heating system where the pipes by the boiler are hot. This was the first system id fitted one of the CBS pumps onto 18 months ago.

the pump had siezed solid! Now im a little disapointed by this, i replaced it with a grundfoss this time round, i competed the tabs on boss and one said class h the other class f, what does this mean??

Class F or H are an insulation class. Doesn't mean nothing you need to bother about.

What was the system water like? What was the impeller like?

System is very clean, suprizing for a 30 year old install! The impeller was an orange colour, again im used to seeing black impellers when replacing pump heads. Have you ever used CBS?

No but it looks like an Antares and they are pretty reliable for what they cost.
Orange impeller might be rust stained as they are either black or white. so the problem may be the water or rather the rubbish floating around in it.

Book a slot to swap out that new grundfoss as well. These so called smart pumps dont like old systems.

I try not to use smart pumps, i try, and on this occasion found a a std efficiency head at a local Grahams, so i pulled a body off a scrap pump i had and used that, im actually calling back there in the new yeat to fit a mag filter so that should catch some of yhe floaters! But ive seen pumps last years on systems much worse than this one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs, radiators upstairs and an unvented hot water cylinder for hot water. We are thinking of moving to a heat pump at some point but aren't ready to do this. My...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring, probably not been used until recently now it's colder. When heating is called for, the boiler fires up ok but soon shuts down the heater as the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock