Search the forum,

Discuss CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My CH is off. Rads are stone cold then I turn on hot water tap and the rads start heating
The water takes ages to heat through the tap yet the boiler is just the other side of the wall 40" further along
This is a new boiler just installed this week Ideal Logic + 30w
Also 3 rads at other end of house with no heat at all but did heat before new boiler fitted
Fed up OAP !

They are phoning tomorrow.
I've had water leaking through kitchen ceiling and light fittings etc................ and they say all the rads work only not all together. They said if all the rads one one side are turned off it pushes hot through to the other side..I don't want to have to choose which side of the house to heat as it all heated before they started!
They were quick enough taking the money...don't know if Santander credit card will help out

how much did you pay out of interest ? and defo get the instiller back if they dont contact gas safe

Get them back ASAP .

Tell them, in no uncertain terms, to sort it.

I paid ÂŁ3325 and that was supposed to include a power flush and the magna thing (which I got) but I then found out they didn't do a flush but put Ferex? in system
I am in Dundee and they are miles away in Glasgow

Sounds like you've recieved terrible service. Any chance of a picture of the boiler install?

Sounds like you've had bad experience.

Pity you paid before you were happy.

Were they gas safe reg ?

I got a gas certificate from them
they were here from 8am till 6.30pm and at 6.45 the call came from their offices for the complete payment

Hope this helps some are a wee bit fuzzy
boil16.JPG

Common Jenny, your as good as me with technology !
Got the stop tap twice up to now !
Keep goin

That tap thing ...it's in the attic and they cut the end of it off ..there used to be a continuous pipe with the tap in the middle

That flex wrapped around the flow is an indication of attitude to work.

They need to come back and finish off !

White flex on left pipe under boiler.
Should be clipped to wall or In trunking. I can't open pics properly I'm afraid.

I would expect an installer to fully commission a system once it's complete. That is to ensure that the boiler and everything else works properly.

They should balance the system as part of that.

In your case it sounds like they did the job as quick as poss and ran away !

They were there for over10 hours on the day of instalation and then another 3 hours 2 days later to try and sort the leaks but still couldn't get all the rads to function together they said they might have to come back and take all the rads off ad hose them outside but to expect a real mess of black sludge on carpets etc

Very untidy installation,cables everywhere and pipeworks a bit of a mess,thats also not a magnaclean filter,its a cheap copy ,any photos of the flue off the top of the boiler to where it exits outside?

it goes into the loft and comes out of the roof..I will take photos tomorrow when it's light and try to find you again on here..I hope I can as its just good to be able to speak to someone about all this , I feel very alone and vulnerable, thank you for taking the time

it goes into the loft and comes out of the roof..I will take photos tomorrow when it's light and try to find you again on here..I hope I can as its just good to be able to speak to someone about all this , I feel very alone and vulnerable, thank you for taking the time

Easy to find me or any other admins,look at site leaders at the bottom of the main page,we try our best to help with queries though you probably won't get a reply until the evening,most of us are active gas engineers during the day

They are phoning me tomorrow to let me know what they intend doing, so I will let you know tomorrow
Thank you and goodnight for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CH off but rads are heating when hot water tap turned on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock