Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Lability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss CH pump location change. in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Timmeh149

Timmeh149 New Member

Hi all,

I want to move my central heating pump. It is currently installed in the airing cupboard
    I would like to move it the garage, where the boiler is installed.
    I have had a plumber in to quote for the job, but he said it cant be done, due to the wiring.
    Cheers

Tim

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Would need to run a new set of wires from the boiler location to the wiring centre in the airing cupboard

Can be done just takes time

3. Timmeh149

Timmeh149 New Member

So effectively extension wires from the old location to the new location ?

4. ShaunCorbs

Yes

5. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

Depends on the type of system you have. If it has a feed and expansion tank in the loft, then the cold inlet to the system will probably be a 15mm pipe joining the flow pipe (or possibly return) within 150mm of the pump. If you move the pump, you might have to move / extend this pipe. This might not be practical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ShaunCorbs

Or seal it

7. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

How old is the system and pipework? What size of pipe do you have to your rads? The pipes might not take to well to being sealed though. I always tell customers that when converting a system to sealed it is not unusual to get the odd drip or leak on the old pipework just to cover my own backside