Search the forum,

Discuss Changed washer on inlet valve, now no hot water flowing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Ed T.

Hi, I had to change the washer on the inlet valve which fills the header tank in the loft, now I'm not getting any water through the taps water. I've tried covering the end of the tap to force the cold water back to the tank but no joy. It's a 3 story house and only 5 years old and with a few standard system (not combi). Any ideas please?

is the tank filling / water in it ?

as just changing the ball valve shouldnt turn your hot water off

Hi, thank you for your reply. It didn't seem to be filling, there was a leak at the inlet valve, all I did was change the washer and turn the valve back on.

where did you turn water off?
no let me guess....the one with the red handle? if it was the wrong valve for the job and its jammed shut. or...

did you check the floa valve goes up and down?

where did you turn water off?
no let me guess....the one with the red handle? if it was the wrong valve for the job and its jammed shut. or...

did you check the floa valve goes up and down?

No, I just shut the valve on the 90 degree connector.

SORTED!

When I was tightening the nut on the elbow the ballcock must have turned also, stopping the water getting in. Adjusted it just now and tank is filling.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changed washer on inlet valve, now no hot water flowing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
I recently installed new hot and cold feeds to a new downstairs cloakroom. After refilling the system the hot taps were all dribbling, spluttering and showing signs of an air lock. I attached cold mains to a hot tap and left it running for 15 minutes, while opening up each hot tap. They all...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many years and seems to be leaking.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock