Search the forum,

Discuss Changing heat exchange on warmflow 70/90 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cosmo

Hi

I'm not a plumber, but I would like to have a go fitting a new heat exchanger on my oil fired warmflow 70790 boiler

I can see the four copper pipes going in to the top of the heat exchanger, so I guess I just unscrew those, take the old one off, put some ptfe tape on the threads and screw the new tank on?

Does the boiler need completely draining down first? Or can I just turn off a valve that I can see at the top right and take off the old tank and just put a bowl under the tank to catch any water that comes out when I take the old one off?

Cheers for any advice on fitting a new heat exchanger :biggrin5:

Your last paragraph would suggest the best course of action would be to hire a professional.

No leave it to a oftec engineer even if you could do it you could leave faults that could be fatal don't do it .

Not a diy job and, by the sound of it, beyond your capabilities.

How will you set up the burner?

How will you confirm the safety of the appliance?

Without the correct test gear you can't.

So your best bet is to employ someone who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Changing heat exchange on warmflow 70/90 boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock