Search the forum,

Discuss Changing thermostat from static to wireless( wiring issue) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Alan Napier

Hi all,
I would be very thankful if somebody knows the connection status of my problem listed as following:
I have a new Drayton Digistat +3RF programmable wireless thermostat. I wish to connect this unit to a Worcester Greenstar 30CDI combi boiler. I would like to have an explanation of how to wire between the Digistat SCR and the boiler. As I have interpreted at present I can run the live (240v) from the existing connections on the boiler and connect with a new cable to the L and N on the Digistat SCR. I have connected a cable to the SCR on the thermostat side using No1 as negative (yellow) and No3 as positive (red). I have run this to the boiler but have made no attempt to connect. The boiler stat connections
are LR LS NS and then negative and live (Neg and Live are already connected to mains from original static thermostat). Help would be much appreciated.

Boiler.JPG

View attachment 34435

DigistatSCR.JPG

You are not legally allowed to remove the casing from a Greenstar boiler. As it is an integral part of the boiler seal. Please put the case back onto the boiler and call a Gas Safe engineers to check the boiler and got the stat for you.

Reply to Changing thermostat from static to wireless( wiring issue) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an all Vaillant setup - an EcoTEC Plus 637 system boiler plus wired VR720 and VR92 SensoCOMFORT controller, driving two CH zones plus DHW. It all works, but unfortunately we have found that the room stats are poorly located, and so the level of control is not what it should be. We had...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a really remote part of the Highlands, so paying for a plumber (or electrician?) to do this will be brutally expensive, so I need to do it myself. I have a Grant Combi 26e boiler. I'm replacing the old thermostat with a new one. Although the boiler is a combi, I think the old...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the system). Currently I have a Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024) and I am thinking to get the Honeywell Home Mobile Access Kit RFG100 to get...
Replies
Views
M
Advice on how to Wiring up a WR1 wireless receiver to a Greenstar 25SI boiler Have LR > C on thermostat Ls > L on thermostat Ns > N on thermostat L > L 230 supply N > N 230 supply Receiver turns on call for heat receives green light comes on but boiler does nothing … reading online I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi I’m looking to install the above. Atm I have an older one fitted (old wireless thermostat and old receiver that’s wired into my combi boiler. Pic below shows how my current one is wired, live neutral and would the 2x black wires be switch wires and would matter what way they were wired in? My...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock