Search the forum,

Discuss Checking exisitng gas safe records in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently bought a property with a view to renovate.

Is it possible to check online to see when the existing boiler was commissioned as there doesn't seem to be any paperwork. Worcester Junior 24i, looking at it could be about 5years old.

Thanks

Have you tried phoning gas safe up to see if it was registered??

I haven't tried anything yet to be honest, Its still going through but thanks.

I'm planning on moving the boiler to another room (non gas plumber, engineer will do the final connections) would this mean it would have to be re-commissioned ?

I haven't tried anything yet to be honest, Its still going through but thanks.

I'm planning on moving the boiler to another room (non gas plumber, engineer will do the final connections) would this mean it would have to be re-commissioned ?

Even to hang the boiler hell even to open the box that it comes in you need to be gas safe

Even to hang the boiler hell even to open the box that it comes in you need to be gas safe

So as non gas plumber I couldn't move it, hang it and pipe up to it?

(When all that really involves is a few compression nuts and drilling a few holes in a wall. oh, and not dropping it obviously!)

So as non gas plumber I couldn't move it, hang it and pipe up to it?

(When all that really involves is a few compression nuts and drilling a few holes in a wall. oh, and not dropping it obviously!)

Yes also You need to drill the flue which how do you know is safe

drilling out with a core bit is hardly technical but thanks for the advice, as id have assumed I would have been able to hang the wall frame etc.

(I don't mean to sound petulant , I'm genuinely not one to cut a corner or two)

drilling out with a core bit is hardly technical but thanks for the advice, as id have assumed I would have been able to hang the wall frame etc.

(I don't mean to sound petulant , I'm genuinely not one to cut a corner or two)

You don't know if the hole is going to comply with regs

what you dont seem to understand is the law. No you or a non registered plumber cant do anything with a boiler especially moving or installing one, after all who are you going to get to commission it once you have messed around? it is illegal for a gas technician to then come in and commission it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Checking exisitng gas safe records in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock